TriAxis through Mark power?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supramax

Reaction score
Hi !

Did anyone here try to use the Triaxis through a powersection of a Mark head?

I have a IIC, and may be looking to further broaden the oppourtunities for lots of different tones.

I will use a TCE G-system to control it.

Does it work, and if yes; does it work GOOD? :roll:

Thanks! ;)

I used to run my Triaxis with my Mark IIC before I got a 2:ninety. Just plug the Triaxis output into the C's effects return and you're good to go. I played clubs like this for years. It sounds decent.

The graphic EQ on the C (if you have one) will also work in this configuration.

That's interesting !

Tell me, what are the biggest Con's as opposed to running a 290 in there?

I'll be using the Tri for that insane Recto-no-mids Pantera-style sounds and for Cleans as well, and the IIC for leads and rythm. Using the Tri as an ""extra gear" when a gig calls for different sounds.

Is the punch and that Great sound within reach in this configuration?

What version of the Tri did you have/do you have?

I play club-size venues too, so the overall Volume on the IIC Should be enough for me.

I had a version 2.0 Triaxis w/o phat mod. I no longer have the Triaxis or 2:90. From what I remember, the 2:90 did sound a little better (more full) than when using the C's power section. This may be due to me running it in stereo through my 4x12 1/2 back cab. The 2:90's power section also sounded a little smoother/rounder than the C's.

I'm unsure if you will be able to switch between the Triaxis and the C's preamp. I presently run a similar configuration, but use the switchable effects loop in my Mark IV and a GCX unit to switch between the IV's preamp channels and my Egnater IE-4 preamp channels.

The loop on the C is non-switchable, so I am not sure that you'll be able to do the same with your C. However, this may possibly work if you use a loop on the GCX to "jumper" the C's effects loop when you want to use the C's preamp section. I'm not positive this will work though.

Maybe someone else has tried this???

I've done a setup with a mesa amp switcher, using the amp switcher as a preampswitcher, and controlling the ampswitcher with the 4 switches on the triaxis.
As you might know you're able to run 4 preamps, single or simultanously, in my case I ran it like this.

Guitar > Amp switch Input.
Preamp 1: C+ dist (rhythm)
preamp 2: C+ dist (lead)
preamp 3: Triaxis (cleans)
Preamp 4: Eventide H8000 (dry guitar)

The amp switch out is connected to the H8000 input
then H8000 out > C+'s FX return.

Result is a stereo Guitar rig with 4 preamps and two C+ power amps.

Good luck!

Tony

Latest posts

Back