Triaxis Optocouplers, LDRs, Relays

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VTL5C4/2 has a total of five legs, two on one side, three on the other, whereas VTL5C9 has four legs only. Are you able to confirm that LDR19 has five legs?

The screenshot below shows LDR19 has five legs. There are three holes for the cell on the left side of it's position.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ManV1c1

The table you shared confirm this since LDR19 is used for proportional control.

https://flic.kr/p/2hadw86

I’m trying to calibrate my V1 Triaxis and can get everything except LD2 Drive. The trim pot maxes out around 450k if measuring from the outside leg facing the back of the Triaxis. If I measure the outside leg facing the front I can get 1M but there is hardly any gain. Tubes are known good tubes. I’ve replaced everything controlling the LD2 drive control, no change.

psycle_1 said:
I’m trying to calibrate my V1 Triaxis and can get everything except LD2 Drive. The trim pot maxes out around 450k if measuring from the outside leg facing the back of the Triaxis. If I measure the outside leg facing the front I can get 1M but there is hardly any gain. Tubes are known good tubes. I’ve replaced everything controlling the LD2 drive control, no change.

have you switched the mini switches?

I think LD2 drive I had to have the switch on to get a good reading.

Another thing to check is the pot itself. Maybe that has failed. I had to replace the one for mids on mine.

wartime-novelty said:
psycle_1 said:

have you switched the mini switches?

I think LD2 drive I had to have the switch on to get a good reading.

Another thing to check is the pot itself. Maybe that has failed. I had to replace the one for mids on mine.

Yes, I've replaced the LDR as well. I'll play around with the switches. I think I've already done that and still couldn't get close to 1M.

Solved the LD2 red issue.

Turns out after checking absolutely everything else it was an intermittent cable connecting the tx3a to connector H6

Thanks for the feedback. I've had the same issue recently with the master volume. It works right now but I think I'm gonna replace the ribbon cable connectors. These seems to get loose over time.

Synrgy77 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I've had the same issue recently with the master volume. It works right now but I think I'm gonna replace the ribbon cable connectors. These seems to get loose over time.

It's quite hard to find the 18 pin one.

Tempted to just solder some leads in

I have recently read this thread with great interest. A question for those with a Triaxis. Looking at the schematics posted, when Lead1 Red is active a different tonestack is used (TX4 LDR2, 3, 4 and 5). Is the original tonestack bypassed by LDR21 going dark (high resistance... acting like a mid pot leg lift)?

Cheers,

Paul

ampman75 said:
I have recently read this thread with great interest. A question for those with a Triaxis. Looking at the schematics posted, when Lead1 Red is active a different tonestack is used (TX4 LDR2, 3, 4 and 5). Is the original tonestack bypassed by LDR21 going dark (high resistance... acting like a mid pot leg lift)?

Cheers,

Paul

No, according to the datasheets, it looks like LDR 27, 28, 29 are bypassed individually (they are dual output LDRs) and LDR 21 goes either open or grounded. Also, there is no track that completely bypasses the whole tone stack.

HI, i have a question , my triaxis Lead 2 Drive affects other channels even the clean ones, i think the relative LDR is broken.

I'm good at soldering and desoldering (I build pedals) what do you recommend about it, I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of dollars for some LDR to replace.

thank you.

Synrgy77 said:

I wonder if applying a small bit of glue from a glue gun would be a good solution for that. The glue should break off cleanly and pretty easily, when needed to.

Hiiiii this is my first post here. My name is Martin and im from Canary Islands.
Im having problems with my triaxis. The lead 1 red is totally dead and the buttons lead 1 drive doesnt affects the sound on the lead 1 green and yellow, the lead drive 2 control the gain of these ones..... I tried to do some test related before about the locic control on ic7 and ic8 on board tx3a and i can notice how the output in the pin 3 of each 4051 ic is the same in both ics, so think they are working at the same time.... Maybe this is a mistake? I read that these ics works separately from 0.0 to 5.0 works one of them and from 5 to 10 the other one. But in my case i read in the pin 3 of each one the same ohms. They change their values but at the same time with the same values.....
Other think im triying to follow is the ld1 in the tx4 version d that i have. I have two ld1 connected between them but i can no trace these ld1 to any place in the trx4. I mean the ld1 is not connected to any point on tx4. Is this normal?

If LD 1 red is totally dead you might having more success by looking at LDR1 and LDR6 (those on TX4D).

LDR6 comes before V3B and LD1 Red tone stack
LDR1 comes after LD1 Red tone stack

Back