Triaxis issue again... need advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PG13

Reaction score
In May of 2010, I shipped my older Triaxis back to Mesa for a complete overhaul including a new ribbon cable, some solders and a new touchpad membrane. Mesa gave it a clean bill of health and everything seemed to work perfect. This unit sat in a rack untouched and has under 24 hours of use over that period. I went to use it and the loop switch, led, and mode lights went erroneous and scrambled all the settings like it did before I shipped for overhaul. Needless to say I'm pissed about this especiall after forking over $$$ and shipping. I plan on pulling the rack and calling Mesa. Am I overlooking something? I know it's not a tube issue. I know the memory battery is to save settings and not control them. Is it worth checking the new ribbon cable for crud? Any suggestions would be great.

I really think all you can do is send it back and say "fix it this time - and I already paid for it last time!".

Well, maybe that's a tad strong but if you've had Mesa service it recently, I doubt there is anything you will notice that they wouldn't have. It's a pain in the ***, but I think that's your only choice. Hopefully they will do the honourable thing and not charge you for it.

I pulled the unit, checked the battery (OK), and popped the ribbon cables. I used contact cleaner on the prongs and reset the cable plug. I'm doing a burn in right now. Seems to be working fine. I wonder if because it sat so long the ribbon cable plug had become fouled by humidity.

Latest posts

Back