Mark V Effects Loop Issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrangerDanger

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum, even though I've come across it many times throughout the years. I come to you now for some help.

I have my Mark V, which has been absolutely fantastic. Recently I went over to my buddies house for a jam session, and as soon as I get everything hooked up the way it was at my house with zero issues (pedal board via four cable method), my amp started making this ungodly squealing. After switching the effects loop off via the foot switch, it went away. After getting it back home I found that if I have the effects loop engaged, even with no cables plugged in, it will cut the volume about 80% and sound a bit muffled if I drive the volume up. I ordered a couple genuine Mesa 12AX7s, changed V6 and while I was in there figured I'd change V1 so that would be out of the way. Still the same issue. I have an appointment to drop my amp off at a tech, but that's a week away, so I figured I'd do some tinkering until then. I've tried all of my pedals and cables individually and tried a couple guitars just to make sure. This happens on all 10W/45W/90W settings on all channels. I also tried not using the master foot switch and using the selector on the back of the amp to cycle through channels FX loop assign. I tried to be as thorough as possible before coming on here to avoid a duplicate post.

Thank you guys for hearing me out and hopefully someone has something new to try!

Chris.

Upon further inspection, there was a pin from the footswitch cable broken off in the back of the head. Removed the pin and it works perfectly fine now. Sorry for the long read.f

Back