Tone tips Mark V (post metal, solstafir)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hektor

Reaction score
Hi!

Im looking for a tone that comes close to the one in this album:

To my knowledge the band uses an orange amp with a marshall cab.
I know my tone wont be exact the same. But 80-90% will do. I am using a mark V
Im guessing i can achieve a tone with maybe the tweet, edge or crunch mode.

Can someone help me out? I am generally playing all styles of music. So far the mark v seems awesome. Cant get some nice post metal tho.
All help will be appreciated

When listening to the video you posted above I thought it sounded like a mix of guitar types. I checked out a live video and they do use humbuckers and single coils and of course a lot of pedals.

Was there a particular song or minute mark in your album video above which has the tone or after? They cover a lot of ground!

When listening to the video you posted above I thought it sounded like a mix of guitar types. I checked out a live video and they do use humbuckers and single coils and of course a lot of pedals.

Was there a particular song or minute mark in your album video above which has the tone or after? They cover a lot of ground!
Hi! Thanks for the reply.
Yes you are right there are lots of different tones. Im talking about the mid gain tones. Right at the beginning where the guitar starts and then the other sets in to harmonize for example.
the whole album throughout has a certain vibe. Even tho they use lots of different effects etc the gainier tones seem to be similar to each other. I want a base with my mark v to get close to that. Everything else i will try and achieve with pedals (fractal audio) aswell

Back