switching channels on 2 single rec`s at same time? Possible?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
hi, i recently bought a Lehle P-split to run 2 heads at once which works really well. Only problem is now that i need somthing to change the both head channels from distortion to clean and vice versa with the touch of a single switch. Was wondering is there any sorta stomp box out there that would work with the external switchs on the back of the heads? I know the gcx would do it but i`d like to if possible just have a stompbox/switch to keep things simple. Thanks for any help with this!

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can just get an ABY box. (I think a Morley ABY would probably be the cheapest.) Come out of your footswitch into the ABY pedal.(Make sure it's in the Y mode) From the ABY pedal take the 2 outs to the individual 1/4 inch channel jacks on the front of the amp. NOTE: I run something kind of similar. I run (2) Triple Rectifiers. On those amps there's a channel thru jack on the back of the amp to allow you to daisy chain the channel switching. I also run one amp kind of dark and the other bright. They don't sound very good by themselves but, together they are HUGE) Good luck.

Thanks very much for the help, an a/b/y box sounds really handy. I tried the both amps together at practice the other nite and it did really sound massive and rest of the band luved the sound so much i now have to run the 2 heads lol, Thanks again!

Channel thru jack? Are you sure? Do you mean you link the external switching jacks from the amps together?

Is it actually safe to do this? Would be great if someone could clear this up for me as I would love to try that.

I would not suggest using an a/b/y switch to split a footswitch. This will share the ground of the two amps between them and could potentially cause reliability issues with the amp. What I would suggest is getting either a DTDP switch or a TTDP switch if you need an LED to let you know which channel your on. Connect the switch to two isolated jacks, put them in a box. These two jacks then connect to the amplifiers. The amps are now electrically isolated and you can switch them with one footswitch. It's actually a very simple process.

I have daisy chained the Channel Out jacks on the back of my (2) 2-channel Triple Rectifiers for years to switch the channels at the same time without a problem.

I would call Mesa and ask their opinion on 'daisy chaining' the external triggers on the amp. Mesa uses isolated switching relays for the channel switching. You may be shortening the life of those relays.

There most definatly is not a 'channel thru' jack on the Triple Rectifier. Those are the external switching jacks, which are explained in the users manual. http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/user_manuals.htm

msi said:
........ What I would suggest is getting either a DTDP switch or a TTDP switch if you need an LED to let you know which channel your on. Connect the switch to two isolated jacks, put them in a box. These two jacks then connect to the amplifiers. The amps are now electrically isolated and you can switch them with one footswitch. It's actually a very simple process.

That is a very good option.

Dom

Latest posts

Back