Mark V 35 combo channel switching issue.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmadd

Reaction score
when i switch from channel one to channel two with the foot-switch or the toggle on the amp, it switches but no sound until i toggle the mode selector. once light goes red i have to change mode from mark 2 to mark 4 or vice versa for it to work.

EDIT: so i just discovered it only happens in 10w, when i switch to 25w everything works fine.

Last edited:
That is really weird. Send a message to Mesa customer service and describe your issue though email. Perhaps they will help you or request it be serviced. Is it still under warranty?

Not sure if the footswitch has anything to do with it. Have you tried the amp without the footswitch connected and use the mini toggle to change channels. Why the IIC and IV modes have an effect on it while in 10W mode is a mystery. Mesa should have an answer for it if there is something of a known issue in their database or however they track problems.

ya i tried with and without foot-switch. bought new from sweetwater 2 days ago but since it works fine other than 10w i just wont put it in 10w.

ya i tried with and without foot-switch. bought new from sweetwater 2 days ago but since it works fine other than 10w i just wont put it in 10w.
Sweetwater has a no hassle return process, I would reach out and see what the turnaround time is for a replacement. Their tech experts are great to work with and are not condescending at all.

Don’t settle for sub-standard items, especially with the money you spent.

Take care of this now, the amp is only a few days old. If you procrastinate you’ll have a harder time proving it arrived like that, and you will lose considerable value if you want to sell or trade it later.

Dom

I would agree with Dom on this, Call your sales rep and make a claim, they will send you a replacement while you return the one you got. If this was a custom order, that may be tricky, with that it may be possible to do a chassis swap. Not sure on that one.

The issue may get worse over time. I would return it and get a replacement. (y)

Back