Studio 22 combo cabinet size

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcampbell

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a line on 22+ combo in black and would like to upgrade it to a hardwood/wicker.

Will a 22+ combo fit into a mark series cab? If so are there any gotchas? Alternatively does anyone have a good source for aftermarket hardwood cabs?

TIA

Someone post that only the newer Mark IV has a slightly different bolt pattern to all the other Mark Series.

You do realize there's two chassis size of Mark Series, small and large.

I know for sure Studio 22+ should fit a Mark III (small chassis) combo because I build my friend one for his Mark III. He decided to sell his Mark III and return the cabinet to me. Out of curiosity I check if it fitted my Studio 22+. Sure enough it did. Here's my diy combo enclosure made of poplar.
leftFacial.JPG

One "gotcha" may be the chassis mounting screws. A Mark III may or may not have the "SUS-4" mounting system, where the screws are recessed into small cup-like receptacles. Your Studio .22 probably doesn't, and your chassis screws may be longer, AFAIK. Just something to be aware of.

Thanks both of you that's very helpful. Yes, I am aware of the short/wide body options.

BTW nice cab, how does poplar affect the tone (warmer, brighter, more focussed...)

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, MrMarkIII has some good points about Mark III and the "SUS-4" mounting system, (basically a rubber gourmet type washer for absorbing shock).

Poplar sounds brighter, it does have a woody resonance property but its so subtly and minimal with a Studio .22 since its not a powerful amp compared to 100 /60 or 75/15 watt Mark Series amp.

Latest posts

Back