• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Mark Series Combo Shell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted

Alien Watts

Reaction score
Does anyone have a combo shell that will fit a Mark III with reverb?

Mine started out that way, but gts made me a headshell and I sold the cab long ago.

Also if anyone is looking to trade for the headshell I would have that conversation (chicago area)

What stripe is your other III?

The green is the only one I haven't had, always been interested since it's wired pentode. LMK which one you prefer.

What stripe is your other III?

The green is the only one I haven't had, always been interested since it's wired pentode. LMK which one you prefer.

My other one is a 1988 Blue. I adore that amp, but haven’t played any other Mk III yet.

I think after I get the green tonight I will look into sending my Blue to Mike B for a checkup and recap. Afterward I will decide if I’m keeping the green or selling it in the headshell.

I realize many here that have several mesas and I would love to have a few more but amps are one of the many things I dont need more of.

Fundamentally the only difference between blue & green is triode vs pentode (respectively) on the Class A section. Guys tend to prefer one vs the other, I've always been a pentode guy.

I got the Green and it’s in really great shape. It hasn’t seen any action for over twenty years though. When I first tried it out with the EV speaker I didn’t like it as much as my blue stripe, but I put a C90 in it and set it in the EV Thiele and now it sounds awesome. It sounds exactly like my blue to me. I read that in AB mode the only difference is one resistor. Otherwise it has the reverb mod which I have not yet compared.

Attachments

• C99098AF-F98E-47EE-9588-3E449BC146EE.jpeg
    C99098AF-F98E-47EE-9588-3E449BC146EE.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 0
Back