strange speaker off issue with mark V:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHypnotoad

Reaction score
hey guys

I use my mark V:25 with 2 8 ohm cabs, plugged on the two 4 ohm jacks as the manual said.

I've use the speaker off in the same config a while ago and everything goes well, I flip the switch all silent.

tonight I was trying some cabclone silent playing, and as soon I activate the switch the amp does not go silent, only a cab was muted the other one was active with little volume.

a little surpised, I switch the amp in stand-by mode, unplug the cabs and plug in only one of them in the 8 ohm jack. switched on the amp flip the speaker off switch, all goes silent.

so, after that I've simply replugged the cabs in my normal configuration retry the spkr off, and surprise, all go silent :) I've play for a while and no problem whatsoever

any idea on this behavior? I am thinking of some misplugged speaker cable or something like that.

cheers & thanks

A.

I had a similar issue but was using a fryette power station...but that is using one 4 ohm jack out to the powerstation and then one 4 ohm out to an 8ohm cab then that cab parralell out to another 8 ohm cab.... My thoughts are that maybe it's best to use the 8 ohm jack with one cab when using the speaker off switch...never had that problem using the 8ohm jack

Latest posts

Back