Speaker suggestion for 412 Traditional Recto Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mincy

Reaction score
I've got a 412 Traditional Recto cab with V30s in it. I have a Marshall 1960a with 2 V30s and 2 GT75s and I just played a Bogner with 2 V30s and 2 Gt75s in it and love the sound of both. Now, I love the recto cab as well, but there is something about the others I like. I've been thinking of swapping out two of the V30s in the recto with GT75s and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this in the recto cab or if you have a better speaker suggestion. I'm also considering the WGS British Leads, a few different Eminence speakers and EVs. Money isn't really the issue, just looking for a little more definition (I guess) from the recto cab.

good luck dude. i fought with this issue forever and even tried the X config that you mentioned above....i'll tell you now, there is hardly any difference at all, if not worse. what type of music are you playing? i just sold my Recto cab on Ebay and from the advice of another member on here, bought a Basson 4x12 cab loaded with Eminence Legends....best advice i've been given in a long time. no other cab i've played even touches it, as far as tightness and response.

good luck dude. i fought with this issue forever and even tried the X config that you mentioned above....i'll tell you now, there is hardly any difference at all, if not worse. what type of music are you playing? i just sold my Recto cab on Ebay and from the advice of another member on here, bought a Basson 4x12 cab loaded with Eminence Legends....best advice i've been given in a long time. no other cab i've played even touches it, as far as tightness and response.

Playing mostly metal (using either a Mark III or Nomad). I do occasionally play mellower stuff, but I have other cabinets for that. A couple of guys over at Harmony Central have been loving the Basson cab and pushing them hard. What do they run?

mincy said:

Playing mostly metal (using either a Mark III or Nomad). I do occasionally play mellower stuff, but I have other cabinets for that. A couple of guys over at Harmony Central have been loving the Basson cab and pushing them hard. What do they run?

they're 300watt cabs with Eminence Legend 1258's. I have a technical PDF I could email you, on the speakers that they use. Shawn at Basson sent it to me.. They're running a nasty special right now...$550.00 for a 4x12, that includes the shipping. You can't beat it. They use MDF instead of Birch, which keeps their cost down, but these cabs are brutal AND transparent. They really let the true sound of your amp shine...but they can make you sound crappy if you're a sloppy player..lol. Anyway, on top of having a great product, Shawn Green is one of the coolest guys and their customer service is second to none. The cabs also have a 5 year warranty.

Latest posts

Back