Reverb off high gain on one switch.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

908ssp

Reaction score
If I built a custom foot switch using a DPDT I should be able to wire it so that the reverb goes off when the high gain channel is selected. I would need to run a stereo cord or two cords. Is there any other way to do this?

The lead mode and reverb are seperate circuits. In order to cut the reverb you would need to design a circuit off the lead mode LDR and the jack that shorts(ON) the reverb from the footswitch jack. Technically, when you go into lead mode there are two LDR's, # 2 and # 4 that close to complete the lead circuit. LDR 4 also feeds right to the Lead Master and then the reverb. The reverb of course is just a shorting jack that is shared with the EQ function for IIC+ with this option. I am afraid unless you design one hell of a circuit, the DPDT is useless. The two foot stomp on the lead footswitch and hop to the Reverb footswitch is the best I can think of right now. It is a great idea, but remember, the lead footsitch is on the front of the amp and the reverb is under the chassis and it not just a simple wiring job from the footswitch.

Let me look at the schematic and take a crack. I am not to thrilled about messing with the LDR's though. Maybe another LDR can be added to accomplish this.

Ed

Oh don't bother I already did it. It works great. I took a DPDT one side switches the reverb the other side switches the channel. A second switch is for the EQ. I wired two lines to the box one stereo for the EQ and reverb and one mono for the distortion. Inside the box the wires from lines go to the appropriate switch's. I used the center set of contacts to add LEDs and a 9 volt jack so it is battery free. I had to play around a bit but it is all external to the amp just bit of soldering and stuff. I guess I should have taken pictures of it but from the outside it is just a standard metal two switch slanted black box like the ones Marshall uses. I don't like reverb with distortion but I do like reverb with clean so now I have that with one switch. And the Eq switch is on the same box. Now I wish the amp had more reverb.

I am not about to dig into the guts of my amp more power to you guys that do. I will build an engine for my motorcycle or car but beyond wiring I am lost thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back