Recto Pre Volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure thing... but no comments on my ability. :wink: :lol:

Well I got my pay check recently so I went about getting my sound card.

I was recommended to get the following card, which I admit, seems to be amazing in its features and all.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMU1212M

But when I was at the site browsing, I also came across the following item that has really caught my eye:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOREV51

Basically I'm kind of at fork and not really sure where to go, and kind of looking for some advice.

The first card (EMU)...
*24-bit/192kHz output & recording
*Specifically states it has the "+4dBu thing" that I'm told I need.
*Only about $200

The second card (MAudio)...
*Provides surround sound 5.1; I have surround sound monitors, if I get the other card, I won't have surround sound.
*24-bit/192kHz output, 24-bit/96kHz recording
*States it's professional recording input, but I don't see anything about "+4dBu".
*Only about $80

The second one looks really good for the price and features and everything. But I'm not really sure if 24/96 would be suitable for my recordings, compared to the 24/192 which would obviously be better.

I'm afraid the M-audio won't do. There is the M-Audio Revolution 5.1 pdf manual on their web site and it says 5.9dBV max.
And for the 24/96 vs 24/192 kHz thing, they sound the same. Only when comparing the highest quality converters, the 24/192 sound a little smoother.

That's a bit of a downer, lol

Are there any sound cards that are:
*+4dBu input
*I can hook up to my 5.1 surround sound monitors
*Records at preferably 24/96
*Preferably outputs at 24/192
*I only need one input for my guitar; all these sound cards with 99999 I/Os, midi, etc is just extra I don't need and will probably never use.

I'm searching Google and music places and I can't seem to find anything. Everything that's surround sound is just your basic card for someone with a surround sound system. And everything I've found that specifies +4dBu doesn't support surround sound.

If get that card (Miamidi) and put it in my computer, I only plan to use it for recording into. I plan to leave my surround sound card in my computer, and use it to output. There shouldn't be any problems doing it like that, would it?

Your help has been greatly appreciated!!! :D

It can be done sure but best thing would be to use miamidi for all your DAW work and let your existing card do the surround thing.

Get an Echo Mia - best soundcard for the buck in my opinion. I have one and it sounds really good.

Try recording into a mixing desk, and then into your pc. You will be able to use the mixer faders to bring the volume down.

It also sounds to me like you are going into the mic in. Have you tried checking your recording level on that input?

Had the sound card lying around for about a month now and just installed it in last weekend.

It wasn't the mic in.... it was in the line in. The problem I was having was entirely that the sound card was consumer-level-inputs (-10), and my amp outputs professional-level (+4), so it was too much for the sound card to handle.

I have the Echo MIA Midi. It can handle either consumer or professional level; and I am no longer having the problems.

Recording is great with the thing; I'm just still working out the right tone from the amp, lol...

Latest posts

Back