TC50 Cab Clone with UA Volt 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyb819

Reaction score
Hey everyone -

I'm trying to record/practice silently using headphones, connecting the built-in Cab Clone of my TC50 to my UA Volt 2 using the XLR. My master volume is only on 4 and everything is clipping uncontrollably - I've got the input gain on the Volt barely up from 0 and when I use the solo setting on the amp for gain and volume boots, it feeds back worse than anything I've ever heard. Even the cleans are getting me a bit in the danger zone.

I'm 100% sure it's user error and there's something I'm not doing correctly in the settings on either the amp, the Volt, or the recording software (I run Ableton 11 Live), so I'd super appreciate if anyone has any guidance. Thanks!

According to the online manual your Volt 2 sets input gain based on the connection used. When you use the XLR the Volt 2 assumes it is microphone level, and that is why you are clipping.

You should be using 1/4” cables so the Volt knows it’s a line level signal (or instrument level if the INST button is lit). You need an XLR female to 1/4” TRS adapter.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...xf-10-excellines-balanced-patch-cable-10-foot
See pic below from the manual.

Dom

IMG_6335.jpeg

Back