PRS on order

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machine Gun

Reaction score
Anyone else have a PRS on order? What's your experience? I ordered my guitar back in March of 2006. They tell you 6-9 months. It's been over 14 months now. I contacted my dealer several times and the PRS rep doesn't seem to be very good at getting back to him. I even emailed the company several months back and they said there was an artist grade wood shortage. They wouldn't even give an 'approximate' date of completion.

I'm using a buddy's guitar right now so thank goodness for good friends!

It's too bad. It's a private stock or regular custom? Here in Brazil We don't have this option.

It's a regular custom, just the artist option (nicer maple top supposedly and inlay on the headstock instead of paint.

Just found out Saturday that they haven't even started building the guitar yet. I'm wondering if I should cancel my order! Can't wait forever when someone else can build me a guitar on time!

Get on your dealer to get on his rep. You might also mention that you are contemplating cancelling the order if the instrument is going to take much longer.

14 months is a long time to wait. But I was just reading about a guy in the U.K. that did a custom order on a Charvel and he waited 22 months to get his guitar. Funnily enough, the guy is a Charvel dealer and the Fender people (who own Charvel) didn't get it to him any quicker.

Getting tonewood maybe an on going issue with CITES and FSC certified woods for all luithers.

Not familiar with ordering directly through PRS. You don't see your model at *cough* Guitar Center or a similar model?

Hope this will ease your pain:
PRS_Chick1.JPG

When I say I wouldnt trade my PRS for any other guitar, I mean it, I really love the way it sounds and plays. Did you try Willcutt Guitars? They always have a nice selection.
http://www.willcuttguitars.com/brandsubentries.asp?brandid=1&subid=10

I couldn't find the exact guitar I was looking for when I ordered it. I haven't really looked on the net much since then, figuring I would have it in a reasonable amount of time.

So basically you are saying you don't like PRS and this blond.
O-kay, what about a brunette and a Left PRS?
PRSLeftyBrunette0.JPG

Hmmmm, getting tone wood right now...

Might be time to practice those full neck slides :lol:

What, exactly did you order? It's a Custom 22 Artist ... WF or WT neck? What color? You can not order quilt any more. There are a lot of the Custom 22 Artist guitars out there. I'm surprised you couldn't find one you liked.

Here is mine, which is a 2005 Custom 22 Artist 20th Anniversary with Wide Thin neck in Blue Matteo. It is the finest guitar I have ever owned.

FrontFull1.jpg

I ordered a violin amber sunburst, flame top, custom 22 artist with trem, wide-fat neck, and 3-way toggle/push-pull tone configuration.

I couldn't find exactly what I wanted anywhere so I decided to order. I just didn't want to settle on something close.

Latest posts

Back