Post Your Rig! Must Include a Mark V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OFF Topic-->Will repace it upon arrival->repaced now ON TOPIC

My Mark V was on the way from NorCAL to Europe

Transatlantic + trying the Mark V and the Petrucci videos sold me finally on the V

Roland

Here is the new Mark V rig. Not completed yet but a good start. Having a hard time controlling the Mark V with the GCX. Soon... Very soon... \m/

GEDC0525.jpg

My rig is finally complete. Initially I was going to do a single rack space with the Mesa on the bottom, but then decided to do everything in one. It sounds totally awesome. I've since removed the Cab Grabber mic, and am now just using a regular mic stand and mic'ing the top right speaker.

167732_10150367860205512_799120511_17022106_8096073_n.jpg

Here's one of the back...sorry, I could have put them in the same post!

166425_10150367856755512_799120511_17022058_6196163_n.jpg

One other thing that I changed was that I took the multi-input single rack panel out and put a 2 space rack drawer in...which is SO nice to have for patch cables, tools, tubes, etc. I will try to post a pic of my pedal board later on...

4c79d108.jpg

My Stuff at home. I just got the roadking... Its going to the rehearsal room of one of the bands i play with.

With these amps, a maxon to push, and a 10 band eq either in front or in the loop, i can any sound I want. I mostly play classic doom, but I also play with a deathmetal band.

The Mark V is excellent to cover singing and melodic music. The rockerverb is an amazing sounding amp aswell.

My Current Rig Includes
Mesa Boogie Mark V + 1x12 V30 Speaker
TC Electronic GMajor in the Effects Loop
TC GMinor Midi Controller used to change channels on the Mesa and Effects on the GMajor.
TC Nova System Used for more Effects and mainly to Boost the Mark V with it's analog Drive Circuit wich blends very nice with the Boogie
Morley Bad Horsie II Wah Pedal
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Plus

Last Pic Recording Stuff

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0244.jpg

minv said:
That's mine, the WB Closed Back C90 just arrived yesterday.

Immag021.jpg

Hi there,

I just wondered what 1x12 cab you were using with your mark v? I'm looking to buy a mark v soon and needed a suitable 1x12 cab for it.

Thanks

Paul

screamingdaisy said:
mesadude said:

Both on all the time? Or do you A/B between the two?

If you notice on the floor, I have two Ernie ball 6166 volume pedals which I run with one foot. One to the MkV and one to the Z-Wreck. That way I can balance things out as I play, or just scream with the MkV.

Actually, the Z-Wreck straight up with the MkV in lead modes doesn't get in the way. It kind of blends in, which I find pretty cool. Most other amps would have to have the volume dropped to keep the 'clean' from getting in the way of the screaming leads. Not the Wreck. Quite a sweet little amp.
I use both when I have room. A lot of smaller venues don't have enough space for two amps, and the MkV works just fine by itself. In fact, its clean mode rivals the Dr. Z cleans, which I also find fascinating. I do love a little 'twang' once in a while along side my syrupy leads! The MkV really is a 'jack of all trades' amp. At one time I swore I'd never put my MKIV to rest. But, along came the MkV, and it has outdone the MkIV.

Great job, Randall!!

MeZadude
rauch10.gif

I wonder if it's the EL84s?

I occasionally pair my Mark V with an Lone Star Special and noticed the same thing. Clean with a bit of hair blends really well with the Mark V's lead.

Here's some pics of my Mark V setup. Pedal board is messy still setting that up.

IMG_0292-1.jpg

IMG_0309-1.jpg

IMG_0312-1.jpg

I really love my rig. Always get compliments on the tone at gigs. The midi is controlled by a Mini Amp Gizmo. Everything here is current except the pedals inside the rack. These change quite a bit but I think I have found a combo that I will settle on for a nice while. Currently I have an MXR Phaser 74 reissue (No LED version), Mad Professor Forest Green Compressor (on the way!), Fulltone OCD, and a Lovepedal Eternity Fuse. Thinking about incorporating a Boss GE-7 that I have laying around but I am not sure if i even need it. The rest of the effects are handled by the G-Major 2. My Rec Room is always shackin. :D

IMG_0240.jpg

Latest posts

Back