Parts for Coliseum 300 MK-IIb Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered my Coliseum 300 MK-IIb head SN#K192 brand new from Mesa Engineering back in 1981...my chassis is dated 10-81. I'll never forget the phone calls I received from Randall Smith personally during the build of this amp. It took 6 months and he must have called me a half dozen times with status reports. Just one of many awesome memories I have tied to this amp, which still sounds like God.

Anyhow, I've never had a problem with it in 30 years. I even once dropped it onto concrete from a height of 6' (in a road case) and only had to replace the Accusonics reverb pan because a spring broke. Well, there's a first time for everything and the 1/2 Power toggle switch just went bad. Mesa doesn't stock the original part anymore, they only have the longer bat switches as used on the MK-V. Does anyone know where I can obtain an original style switch? I also had to replace 2 of the EQ sliders, but Boogie doesn't have the original rectangular knobs...would like to get those too. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hoffman Amplifiers Parts still has the old Fender Carling switches in stock. But if its a DPDT switch, then you maybe out of luck.

As for the EQ slider knobs, I don't know where to get those. I was planning to sell my Studio .22+ at a consignment shop but I know some customer that has missing EQ knobs on his Boogie will steal mine.

RR said:
Hoffman Amplifiers Parts still has the old Fender Carling switches in stock. But if its a DPDT switch, then you maybe out of luck.

As for the EQ slider knobs, I don't know where to get those. I was planning to sell my Studio .22+ at a consignment shop but I know some customer that has missing EQ knobs on his Boogie will steal mine.

Thanks for the lead, RR! Ummm...where exactly are you putting your .22 on consignment? :wink: Yeah, that switch is a Carling DPDT (6 solder tabs) with a short bat. I'm sure they're out there...will try Hoffman first and see if I get lucky.

I'm happy to report that my good friend Paul Hammond of Get The Led Out has located a resource for the Carling DPDT switch I was looking for! Here's the info in case it can help someone else down the road. http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-H528

My on off switch is going on my coli. I found this thread and ordered 3 dpdt with the link provided. Im wondering now if I got the wrong ones. I was going to replace all three. Will this only work with the half power switch?

SouthpawGuitarist said:
I'm happy to report that my good friend Paul Hammond of Get The Led Out has located a resource for the Carling DPDT switch I was looking for! Here's the info in case it can help someone else down the road. http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-H528[/quote
I opened my coli and all three switches appear to be SPST even the half power. I changed the on off with a single spst I got at electronics store and works great now. You owe me $30 :)

Latest posts

Back