Overdrive pedal suggestion for Dual and single Recs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stompboxfreak72 said:
Used the Xotic BB Preamp pedal last night for a gig. I play modern covers a la Tool, Disturbed, Incubus etc in a cover band. The Xotic BB thru my Dual rectifier is simply the best. Hands down, all overdrive pedal issues answered.

what channel do you use for your disturbed songs? channel 3? and what mode? i would love to know your settings, just on that channel, like yor gain setting, channel master and stuff.

i'm still a few months before our first show but in the studio i still cannot dial in a nice crunch rhythm sound, ala chevelle and godsmack (btw: i have a TS9 and it feels like "aritifical" when running it as a clean boost.

hey pjake.....I never use channel 3. Everything I run is on channel 2. I also have a PRS Singlecut which coupled with the Mesa really gets you the Dan Donegan/Disturbed tone.

I am in a cover band and we do Down with the Sickness, Remember etc. The channel 2 with the Xotic BB nails it and I really was not trying to get a Disturbed Tone.

My settings change depending on the room. I do, however, always leave the bass at 9 o'clock and the mids at noon or so. I also set the Master volume at 10 or 11 o'clock and then dial in the individual channels with their respective volume controls.

For me, the key is always cutting the bass and pushing the master volume. I run the Xotic BB with the volume / gain/ treble all at noon and the bass at 10 o'clock. The BB is what kicks my amp into high gear. I retired all my Tubescreamers for good.

stompboxfreak72 said:
After much homework, trial and error I decided on an Analogman modded DOD JYM308. Mind you I am no JYM clone and really don't listen to him at all despite his amazing abilities. A Stock DOD pedal is a squealing mess. Honestly, even after being modded the pedal is still a squealing mess ! But when I hit the Maxon OD-9 and then hit the DOD JYM308 after it.......all I can say is welcome to Leadtone,Usa .

Regards- Doug

Doug, have I missed something? What is a JYM? I have looked all over for this JYM and I cannot find one. Please tell...

YJM308 ( yngwie j malmsteen 308) is a cheap pedal made by DOD. They were selling for $29.00 for awhile. I had one modified by Analogman.

BB preamp from exotic effects. I have preached this a few times on this board. It is the best OD/Boost pedal. Maxon cannot hold a candle. The bad monkey I have not tried. But the BB is ridiculous.

-Mike

Back