Older Marshall 4x10 cabs--anyone tried with a Mark?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpage

Reaction score
LOVE the portability and look of these "mini" cabs--especially stacked on stage! But--will they deliver? Obviously there will be some low end missing compared to a 4x12, but I'm thinking clarity and note definition might improve...anyone have experience with Marks and 10" speakers?

Not sure you'll lose some low end.
I have a... well, 6 pieces of wood-like material with an Eminence 10" Guitar Legend inside. This speaker is not design for high-gain applications, but is really really punchy with clean or lightly overdriven sound.
Try one of these Marshall 4x10 if you can !

I place my combo on top of a lonstar 410 cabinet with great results. Total of 5 speakers. 12" combo and the 410 are a great combination. If i mike I use the 12" celestion. The sound is very open and clear and not as directional as a 412. hope this helps.

Yes.

MKIIC+ into 1965A cab = one of the BEST tones I have ever had. There was nothing lacking except the backache from hauling a 4x12 around.

It played extremely well with my green-stripe MKIII as well. Devastating, tight tone.

I also used a Mesa 4x10 with the blue-label Jensens for a while, but the closed-back was a better match for that added "thump". Pairing the mesa with a Subway Rocket was awfully fun for a rawer, looser tone though.

Highly recommended on the Marshall 1965 cabs!

Lovely Yamaha SG you've got there. I used to have a black SG1500. Classy guitars!

Latest posts

Back