Metal Amps

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom241

Reaction score
Hey guys, im currently looking for a new amp.
i have been interested in the boogies for a while now, but before i make any major decisions, i want to know is there any other amps out there that are comparable to boogies?
from what i have heard they sound killer, i love the features and the versatility.
So, any ideas?
thanks in advanced!

You can take a look at Rivera, Bogner, Soldano, Diezel, CAA. Although a bit pricey I guess

yeah thats the problem, im still kinda undecided, i just needed some brands to work with
iv heard most of those amps, but most of the bogners and soldanos are expensive for 2 chan amps :/
but thanks for the replys

Personally, I would narrow it down to Mesa Boogie, Rivera and CAA. If money is no problem then I would probably pick a CAA although it's only custom ordered and it would probably take some time to be delivered but..c'mon...custom made.. yeah! ;p.

The Rivera has tons of gain! You can't go wrong with that amp.

I reckon you probably want a Road King/Roadster from the MesaBoogie arsenal, right? Great amps too but they're too commonly used. If I had the money I would choose something else

Oh, the new Fryette site is ready if you want to take a look at the SigX http://sfdamp.com/

the SigX looks hetic as, more complecated then the boogies :/

tom241 said:
the SigX looks hetic as, more complecated then the boogies :/

ah but its not... dont be scared by all the switches. Its actually a really easy amp to dial in.

Honestly unless your jumping into a huge rack rig, amps like the road king, roadster and sig:x are stupid easy to use. Yeah maybe more stuff to fish through but they dont take much longer to dial in than any other amp.

Egnators are very worthy amps to and you can change tube types and modules to get exactly what you want.

Andyman :p

I had a Framus Cobra for a while and it was a beast. It was almost too heavy for me. I like the Dragon a lot more.

I also had an ENGL Savage 120 for a while and absolutely love ENGL amps. The Savage is pretty bright sounding, but I may be picking up a Blackmore in the near future.

oh like, metallica, lamb of god, children of bodom, slayer, Anthrax, mnemic, slipknot, stone sour, alot of metalcore bands too
practically a combination of new school and old school metal. except death/doom and the like.

okay cool.

Yeah, for expensive ones Framus, ENGL, VHT, Rivera, Bogner, Soldano,

if you are on the cheap Peavey 5150/5150II/6505/6505+

tom241 said:
oh like, metallica, lamb of god, children of bodom, slayer, Anthrax, mnemic, slipknot, stone sour, alot of metalcore bands too
practically a combination of new school and old school metal. except death/doom and the like.

I think a Mesa Mark IV or and ENGL Savage 120 would be right up your alley. I've owned both amps and really liked them. If you have any questions about them or want to hear some clips just shoot me a PM

Latest posts

Back