Mesa still makes head shells for Marks...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
Customer service at Mesa recently quoted me "about $300" for a new short head shell for my mark III.

thought you'd all like to know.

This is good to know. Authenic and straight from the factory no less. Thanks for the heads up! :D

They probably dropped their price to keep up with GTS. I'd still buy a head from George before I went to mesa. Not knocking mesa at all, I've just seen too many custom heads by George and am blown away by the quality, craftsmenship, options and price.

trickyrick said:
They probably dropped their price to keep up with GTS. I'd still buy a head from George before I went to mesa. Not knocking mesa at all, I've just seen too many custom heads by George and am blown away by the quality, craftsmenship, options and price.

The $300 price will probably be a short head with fan and reverb tank in any color, as long as it's "black on black". The price for custom color tolex or custom grille on any production model will send the price soaring. :shock:

I doubt they are including a fan or reverb tank for that price. "About $300" is probably more like 399 + shipping and 6-8 week wait. Probably just a MKV headshell.

ochrisl said:
I doubt they are including a fan or reverb tank for that price. "About $300" is probably more like 399 + shipping and 6-8 week wait. Probably just a MKV headshell.

fan + reverb tank: definitely not included.
CS would have said "~$400" if that's what they meant & i specifically asked about a MIII.
i also understood that they would do the install of the fan, tank & chassis upon completion.

boogiemon said:
i also understood that they would do the install of the fan, tank & chassis upon completion.

It's easy to install the fan, tank, and chassis in a headshell (Mesa's or mine).
It's all of about 12 screws (including the 4 that hold the chassis in).
Total of ~20 minutes (if that).

But if Mesa is going to install the chassis that means shipping it to them which isn't cheap.
Sending in a Mark chassis from the east coast cost about $80 a little over a year ago.
It's cheaper if you are closer but learning to put it all together is a good thing to learn and it's pretty easy too.
Save a couple of bucks and install it yourself.

trickyrick said:

Thanks TR. Truly humbled to have you say this especially in light of your craftsmanship!

GTS is the man. He just did one for my prized Mark II. I'll be posting pics soon. Done in Dark Red snakeskin. Way less than $300 and mucho more Mojo. My GTS had the cut and mount for the fan and reverb tank.

Latest posts

Back