Mesa Single Recto VS. V-Twin Comparison

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon Breeze

Reaction score
I had quite a few people tell me that the V-Twin Pedal didn't sound anything like the Rectifiers. As a result I put together this quick, High Gain comparison video.

Which is the Rectifier?

I will add the video reveal after a few days to give folks a change to see what they think!

Apologies in advance if you don't want to watch folks with a youtube channel videos 🤷‍♂️ I do this as a hobby because I like to do it. Wide open to feedback/constructive criticism,

2 was so compressed it came through muffled. I briefly had the single and thought it was a great amp so by extension I'm thinking the more raw 1 was the single. That is unless the 2 speaker was for the single and stuffed in a small air tight closet.

I don't think I'm missing anything not having the v-twin if it is 2 as I've always meant to add the rack one.

No, I'm not butt hurt deciding if I'll watch a video. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

2 was so compressed it came through muffled. I briefly had the single and thought it was a great amp so by extension I'm thinking the more raw 1 was the single. That is unless the 2 speaker was for the single and stuffed in a small air tight closet.

I don't think I'm missing anything not having the v-twin if it is 2 as I've always meant to add the rack one.

No, I'm not butt hurt deciding if I'll watch a video. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
Much appreciated! Yes, one of them came through quite a bit more compressed on the mic than the other, definitely was closer sounding in the room. Will be adding the reveal video after a few days to give folks time to decide!

There's a big difference this time. One has highs and clarity while the other is quite muffled.
I agree on the mic for sure, which is odd because in the room they were MUCH closer. Maybe I'll try some different settings and see where that goes. I thought the pedal sounded dramatically better in the room too

Back