"Mark Vb" wishlist

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wishlist would actually go the other way. I would like a 2 channel Mark V. I don't use Channel 2 at all. I would love a high gain channel and a clean channel and that's it. The simpler the better.

jb's 52 said:
I wish I could foot switch between Fat and Tweed.

This.

I brought my amp home from the space the other day and played it on 10W for the first time in awhile. I thought maybe the super-nice clean sound was due to the low wattage, then I noticed I'd bumped the switch up to Fat. Same EQ settings I use with Tweed sounded really really nice. Maybe someone will come up with a mod for this.

Maybe something like Neil Young's Whizzer.

For that matter, I don't really use ch 2 much at all and I use Tweed 75% of the time, so I'd love it if Tweed were over there instead.

I hope the chassis can be upside down, just like the other normal amp head like recto and etc.

Got another one...

Move the "reverb" on the footswitch to be right above the "solo".
Clicking on reverb/solo at the same time would make my life easier. :D

jb's 52 said:
Got another one...

Move the "reverb" on the footswitch to be right above the "solo".
Clicking on reverb/solo at the same time would make my life easier. :D

haha very true! the only modify that would worth the money is the capability of runing both 6L6 / EL34 together

I love the Mark V how it is, but if Mesa were to change anything on it, I'd like to see channel cloning (so that I could have 2 channel 3's etc.) and the ability to run 6L6's and EL34's like the Mark III's, Mark IV's, etc.

mystidream said:
I love the Mark V how it is, but if Mesa were to change anything on it, I'd like to see channel cloning (so that I could have 2 channel 3's etc.) and the ability to run 6L6's and EL34's like the Mark III's, Mark IV's, etc.

Chanel cloning!! This would be great. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LesPaul70 said:
But wait, how do you fit them all in the wide-chassis body? Didn't Randall Smith say that a fourth channel was not viable because there was room for no more than 3 channels and the GEQ in the front panel? Well, basically the ideal solution would be to have four modes per channel to choose from instead of three, and a four-way switch. That would allow three more modes.
how do you fit all the PCB's and circuits into that then? that means ANOTHER recto tube for the dual recto sound. :) ALSO. another switch in the back.
but, then it wouldnt be a MARK anymore. it would be a mesa/boogie EVERYTHING amp. :)
and it would weigh 10tons.

ryjan said:
Digital values for the GEQ so that they can be stored as presets, get rid of the external switching jacks and make it MIDI switchable like they should have done from the start, make the modes within the 3 channels MIDI switchable as well along with the bright, thick, etc. Then just rename it "Triaxis II w/poweramp". :wink:
GOD NO. I just went from MIDI to full analog and im in 7th heaven. :lol:
I'd like to see the full user-interchangeable components for PRESET EQ :)

screamingdaisy said:
1) Re-voice the preset EQ. Personally, I find it pretty useless and I've read others mention this as well. I find it goes way too extreme on the "V" shape. It pulls the mids out way too fast while adding a scratchy top end no one would dial in on their own. If they would moderate the contour I think they'd be much more useful.
4) I would give up 10w mode to gain the old school Simul-Class EL34/6L6 mix.
1.) as i said in other threads, Preset EQ is NOT the "V" shape. try it with sliders. i really grown to like the contour.
4.) i dont know.

JOEY B. said:
screamingdaisy said:
I would give up 10w mode to gain the old school Simul-Class EL34/6L6 mix.

And a mini-toggle on channel 3 that replicates the "Pull Deep" on the earlier Marks.
i miss that switch too :( i actually miss the whole push/pull concept!!

I've had a Mark V for a couple of months and it's a truly fantastic amp. However, there's still room for improvement:

1) Fix the preset EQ. I find it a useless tone suck; thin and scratchy.

2) Revoice CH 3 Mark IIc+ and Mark IV modes to have a bit more low end punch. They sound good but lack balls and that can't be corrected with the eq.

3) Put the reverb knobs on the front, please.

4) Ship with SED EL34s. A huge improvement over the stock 6L6s.

Thanks for listening :mrgreen:

how come everyone is bothered by the preset EQ?
im by no means a typical metalhead although i do like to pull off a riff or two from time to time.
i think of myself more of an alternative rock guitar player...
and I grown to like the preset EQ. i mean. LIKE. :)

fjk1138 said:
Personally, I absolutely love the Mark V as it is. But hey, as long as we are dreaming, I would like to see any of the following:

1. A 4 channel version -- keep all 3 channels as they are now, but add another "Ch 3" so that I can have one channel on Mark IV and one on Extreme (sort of like the Rectifier's Vintage and Modern channels).
2. Eliminate the Crunch and edge sounds on CH2, and keep the Mark I sound (a hidden treasure, IMHO), but add the Mark III also
3. Keep Ch 1, eliminate Ch2 altogether, and have 2 channels of Ch 3 -- again, one for Mrk IV and one for Extreme.

Also....

a. Eliminate the slider EQ -- I never use it (I know, probably skating on thin ice on that one).
b. Do not incorporate any Rectifier sounds (and I used to be a diehard TR and Roadster user).

Just my 2 cents.

Wow, man. Eliminate crunch, edge and the GEQ? That would kill the amp for me. I couldn't stand edge mode with the stock 6L6s (or Mark 1 mode for that matter) but once I switched to EL34s I'm getting some great low gain, edge-of-breakup, sounds out of it.

or they can go directly to Mark VC+ :lol: and start working on mark VI.
that will have 6 channels and 4 modes on each of them.

Back