Mark V questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxDAVIDxX

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finially got my Mesa/Boogie Mark V and the badge that says "Boogie" is grey. I thought they are supposed to be white lettering? And also I noticed the ones on display at Guitar Center had a plastic removable thing-a-ma-jig (mind is drawing a blank) with recommend presets that laid on top of the head around the handle.. Mine didn't come with that either.

i have that settings template on top of my M5 head. you could call mesa for a replacement, it's kinda nice to have (funny thing is it doesn't state what kind of power tubes and IIRC output volume either).

XxDAVIDxX said:
Hey guys, I finially got my Mesa/Boogie Mark V and the badge that says "Boogie" is grey. I thought they are supposed to be white lettering? And also I noticed the ones on display at Guitar Center had a plastic removable thing-a-ma-jig (mind is drawing a blank) with recommend presets that laid on top of the head around the handle.. Mine didn't come with that either.

I don't know it's name either but the shop I bought it from called it a map. I think it's best function is gauging where switches and controls are when you can't easily see behind the amp. FWIW the logos on both head and cab are black with gray letters and border.

Cool guys thanks! Yea I called Mesa today but didn't realize that they don't conduct business on Fridays.. I wish I worked there. But I do want that template even though I probably won't really use it's setting but still would like to have it. I watched the YouTube demo with Petrucci and noted his settings and tweaked them a bit to complement my cab, pedals ect. I have to say though, the Mark V is such a awesome amp. I'm really impressed with it. I sold my Peavey 6534 and I'm really considering selling my Marshall too since I really can't see ever needing anything more than my Mark V. I think I'm a official Mesa/Boogie biased snob now and **** proud of it! :mrgreen:

XxDAVIDxX said:
Cool guys thanks! Yea I called Mesa today but didn't realize that they don't conduct business on Fridays.. I wish I worked there. But I do want that template even though I probably won't really use it's setting but still would like to have it. I watched the YouTube demo with Petrucci and noted his settings and tweaked them a bit to complement my cab, pedals ect. I have to say though, the Mark V is such a awesome amp. I'm really impressed with it. I sold my Peavey 6534 and I'm really considering selling my Marshall too since I really can't see ever needing anything more than my Mark V. I think I'm a official Mesa/Boogie biased snob now and **** proud of it! :mrgreen:

oh don't worry, everyone reverts to Marshall. nothing beats that sound.

XxDAVIDxX said:

Im in the same boat as you. Just sold my 6534+ on ebay a few months back. The Mark V eats that amp up. As for your marshall. If its a nice one I would recommend holding on to it if you like the marshall sound. You never know, one day you might just feel a little on the "British" side and want that tone for the day. The Mark V is a great amp dont get me wrong. But its not a marshall. And vice versa the marshall aint no mesa. But there is no shame in having both. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

XxDAVIDxX said:

also the reason the boogie letters are grey is because that badge is made of metal not plastic. Thats actually real brushed metal.

Latest posts

Back