Mark V Cab Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dmcguitar said:
Jazz, the v30 is in the 1x12 right? how does it sound and was it any extra money or hassel getting that swapped out ?

also it looks like you have a towel between the two to protect the tolex on the bottom cab, do the rubber feet from the combo not come low enough to stop the trak-loc sliders from touching it?

I ordered it like that...and it was at no extra cost.

MusicManJP6 said:
sea said:
MusicManJP6 said:
The new widebody cab is not called a thiele because it's a different design. It is front ported like a thiele though. I love my EV loaded 3/4 back to death! They are my favorite 1x12s from Mesa.

You can use two 1x12 cabs, but you'll have to have a second power amp to run stereo effects.

Do you have a link to the your EV loaded 3/4 back? What price in the usa?

Also, is the one you have the new widebody that works best with the Mark V Head?

Thanks again,
Jamie

The 3/4 back cabs are a little different dimensions than a 'widebody'. Check Mesa's site for the specs. Mine originally came with a Black Shadow Celestion 90 and I recently replaced it with an original early '90s (nice and broken in) Electro Voice Black Shadow (200 watts handling!!). It is a very transparent and clear speaker. No speaker breakup whatsoever.

1x12 3/4 back cabs go for around $300 shipped on average I think. Best bang for your buck IMO. It's a 3/4 back design so it works well for both clean and distorted tones. Best of both worlds (closed back and open back).

Closer to $450 unless you know something I dont...

http://www.worldmusicnashville.com/gear?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=493&category_id=52&vmcchk=1

Hey Jamie - I don't think you can do that without another amp. You would need to take the stereo output of your effect box and run it into a right channel and a left, each having their own power amp. A 50/50 or similar power amp would do it, but not the Mark V.

As far as cabs go, I have a standard Mark V thiele cab - same width as my mark V combo. Its a gorgeous cab. I leave the Mark V on my side of the stage in the backline and then use the 1x12 cab as a side fill so I can hear myself out front. Works beautifully.

Latest posts

Back