MARK III SERIAL NUMBERS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue Stripe here!! Serial # 226xx, 561100 tranny, simul, reverb, GEQ, EV12L. ...VERY HEAVY...

My favorite amp of all time (33+ years of playing)...and i've had just about every classic Marshall (non-master & master), Hiwatt, MusicMan, Fender, etc.

It just begs me to play it, then I can't turn it off... did I mention it's very heavy? My old back forced me to put casters on it.

Just for fun, I did the IIC+ "Loop Test", and it passed. Does that mean anything?

No Stripe (but told by previous owner probably blue) build 2/89 ser. 24412. I don't care what the stripe this amp is AWESOME!

johnnyfancy said:
my black dot coll. is k510

Pics of this would be NICE.

I had my doubts about the total number of MkIII Coliseum amps that were produced as per "The Boogie Files". This is a bombshell :shock: . No offense to Ian, as it is still the most informative "Vintage Boogie" site on the net :D .

cthulhu wrote:
Mark III SN# 15185 with a Blue Arrow pointing at the power cord.

I want to find out if I have one of the IIC+ transformers in it.

With a Serial number that low in thr eMkII range it's likely.

The PT may be if it is (as Tony777 mentioned) the T105 (or if an export model the x101)
The OT (if it's Simul Class) is likely a 562003
Both were used on the C+ Simul.

Later domestic (non export) Mark III PT's were different as Mesa ran out of the 105's and start using another PT.
My purple stripe serial #174xx does Not have the 105.

Mine is the 60/100. When I get time this weekend I will take a look and see if I can find a part number of the T105 number on there somewhere.

My Blue Stripe = s/n: 2368X, combo w/factory reverb mod, date of mfg is 8/18/88 (funky date, eh?).

The amp sounds very very good and has gotten some positive comments from other musician's when I've used it.

thanks to gts. here are some shots. sorry if they are big. i don't know what i'm doing
ebay059.jpg

ebay061.jpg

ebay064.jpg

ebay068.jpg

ebay065.jpg

ebay062.jpg

ebay059.jpg

sweet! it looks loud ;)

btw, photobucket has image resizing/touch-up area. off-hand... click on your pic, then there's a menu to resize it...

mpos74 said:
Is it possible that there is no serial number on my Purple Stripe head? I really cannot find it. The amp is of course an original, no doubt.

Perhaps it had the serial # on a sticker on the back and the sticker got peeled off at some point?

My serial number on my Mark III is 263xx.

I have seen the blue stripes where there is absolutely no question the color is blue. Yet, on mine, the color is more like a weird aqua (doesn't help to stare at it and ask yourself, is this blue or green?!) In reality, it looks both green and blue ahah.

Well, I might post some pictures. In the end, like other Mark III owners here, I love my "blue" stripe (as it was sold to me) and I don't really care. But since reading these forums, I am now curious. :)

solinator said:
My serial number on my Mark III is 263xx.

I have seen the blue stripes where there is absolutely no question the color is blue. Yet, on mine, the color is more like a weird aqua (doesn't help to stare at it and ask yourself, is this blue or green?!) In reality, it looks both green and blue ahah.

Well, I might post some pictures. In the end, like other Mark III owners here, I love my "blue" stripe (as it was sold to me) and I don't really care. But since reading these forums, I am now curious. :)

You've got a green stripe there! As you noted, the blue stripes are clearly blue, while the green is really teal or aqua... but "teal stripe" just doesn't sound heavy enough, right? :wink:

Back