Mk iib serial #

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleb

Reaction score
Looking at mkiib fs with serial # 7617.
Does anyone know if that's a late enough # to have the RP9C preamp board? I dnt know if I'll be allowed to open it up to look.
As a knowledgeable boogie friend reccomended to me,I'll give it a play thru anyways to see what it's like.

Looking at mkiib fs with serial # 7617.
Does anyone know if that's a late enough # to have the RP9C preamp board? I dnt know if I'll be allowed to open it up to look.
As a knowledgeable boogie friend reccomended to me,I'll give it a play thru anyways to see what it's like.
My IIb loop mod is one hundred amps before this. It should be August 81, SP/RP 9A. So to answer your question, no. But there are rare IIb's with IIC boards in them so put your two bits in the slot and pull the lever.

Sloan who wanted an ending has RP 9B a couple months later so if it is RP 9A it was short lived. SP 9A carried on for a while.

I believe loop mod is synonymous with 9C specs. When I dropped off the Charlie Daniel coli's Mike showed me how someone, maybe himself had already changed the SP 9A board to 9C spec. It was a cascode on V4 I recall, hopefully correctly. That and the cap he changes on V4 shows he is doing more than just a loop mod when he does a loop mod. There are a handful of boards and he adjusts each different board to the specs he believes to be the best version- 9C.

Tone being subjective this is why you should never get a loop mod if you are super happy with what you have.

It's also why you don't need to hunt down a 9C unless you are a nerd like myself. You can buy the IIB in webster NY listed for $850 on cl, have one of the people on here make you a head shell, and send the chassis to Mike for loop and 9C specs.

Sure you'll have a couple grand in it but you'll have an amp that will still be kicking @ss after you're pushing up daisies. The 9C boards very well could use the same service unless it's already been done. And even then, the purple stripe I just got was serviced, great, but not by someone that knew updated mesa specs.

Thx for the info! Much appreciated. I haven't played thru it yet.I did get some pics sent to me.Every slider knob on the 5 band is missing.urrggh..

Back