MARK III SERIAL NUMBERS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koprofag said:
Oh what the hell, let's settle this once and for all. :p

markmysterytw4.jpg

If you are talking Simulclass amps, this is correct. But it is possible to have a 60/100 Blue stripe with pentode outer sockets. FWIW, I have never seen a 60/100 Green Stripe MkIII. Has anyone else? :?

I just picked up a Mark III long head. The Serial Number is 244XX. But there is no stripe or anything near the power cord. But over to the right more, by the fuse switch there's small red R. This amp is right around the transition from Red to Blue. Not sure which one it is.

I picked it up at Guitar Center, they thought it didn't sound good, that is until i spent 5 seconds tweaking it then everyone in the store came over to wonder what amp what making this screaming tone. :D It's in good shape and $750 out the door ain't bad.

gts said:
danyeo1 said:
I just picked up a Mark III long head. The Serial Number is 244XX. But there is no stripe or anything near the power cord. But over to the right more, by the fuse switch there's small red R. This amp is right around the transition from Red to Blue. Not sure which one it is.

I picked it up at Guitar Center, they thought it didn't sound good, that is until i spent 5 seconds tweaking it then everyone in the store came over to wonder what amp what making this screaming tone. :D It's in good shape and $750 out the door ain't bad.

Should have left it sounding "bad" and walked out with it for $500 ;-)
A Red R usaully means a reverb mod, no?! (Reverb added).

Odd it wouldn't have a stripe at that serial number maybe it got "rubbed off" :shock:

There's a simulclass sticker right over the power cord. And the reverb control is on the front of the amp. But there is an empty reverb control on the back, just an empty hole that was plugged.

danyeo1 said:
There's a simulclass sticker right over the power cord. And the reverb control is on the front of the amp. But there is an empty reverb control on the back, just an empty hole that was plugged.

That is where you put the pot for the R2 volume mod. :D

JOEY B. said:
danyeo1 said:

That is where you put the pot for the R2 volume mod. :D

Yup, already planning to get that done.

On my Coliseum, the Simul sticker is to the left of the power cord and the stripe is on the far left upper edge of the chassis. So it's not always right above the power cord. Does your head still have the "MB" marked in the lower left corner?

DSC02959.jpg

I'll take a look when i get, and post a pic. Do you still have that IIC+ that you bought from Gainfreak, Ralph, ?

Mark III SN# 15185 with a Blue Arrow pointing at the power cord.

I want to find out if I have one of the IIC+ transformers in it.

cthulhu said:
Mark III SN# 15185 with a Blue Arrow pointing at the power cord.

I want to find out if I have one of the IIC+ transformers in it.
It probably is, my III black has a vertical stripe, and #15527 with the X101 export transformer, same as my simul C+
If it is a non export simul or 100w it should have the T105 code beneath the power transformer.

Purple stripe short head, EQ, Reverb, Simul-class (previous owner removed the reverb but there's still a tube in V5 so I assume it shipped from the factory Fully Loaded?

Has the 2c+ transformers, Chassis date '11/86' IIRC. Serial 18xxx

robredo_mattila said:
Purple stripe short head, EQ, Reverb, Simul-class (previous owner removed the reverb but there's still a tube in V5 so I assume it shipped from the factory Fully Loaded?

Has the 2c+ transformers, Chassis date '11/86' IIRC. Serial 18xxx

Hmmm.... I think that's very unlikely you have a 105 tranny in a purple stripe. Could you show us pictorial verification. Unless it's an early black that was upgraded or something.

JOEY B. said:
Koprofag said:
Oh what the hell, let's settle this once and for all. :p

markmysterytw4.jpg

If you are talking Simulclass amps, this is correct. But it is possible to have a 60/100 Blue stripe with pentode outer sockets. FWIW, I have never seen a 60/100 Green Stripe MkIII. Has anyone else? :?

Wouldn't all 60/100 amps have pentode inner and outer sockets? For that matter the 60w amps should as well.

Back