Mark IIC++ long chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarted

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted, but I just got some interesting news I thought I would share.

I sent my IIC+ long head out to Petaluma to have them give it a check-up, and take a look at filter caps, noisy fan, etc.

I get a call from Mike B. who tells me my amp is one of just a handful that left the factory an original C++. But oddly, someone did some work on it since to bring it closer to a C+, but not all the way. He asked if I wanted him to put it back to original C++ specs or finish the job of making it to C+ specs. I said to put it back to original please (C++).

He noticed the same thing that I had; on the back, someone wrote "+" in darker magic marker over the original marking. But looking at a picture I have (he still has the amp in Petaluma) you can still see the "++". Actually, its not two "+" but rather one horizontal line with two vertical lines drawn through the horizontal. It always bothered me that someone wrote over the original marking. I always assumed it was to make the "+" stand out more since the original underneath was not as dark, but now I know why. Someone had thought they had made it a "C+".

Anyway, this is the 5th IIC+ I have owned (I had four of them for a long time), and I always noticed that this one had considerably more gain than all the others. Mike agreed that it should have still had more gain since some of the original "C++" components were still there.

I am kind of excited to hear what it sounds like with the rest of the original "C++" circuit in place.

Anyway, I thought I would share.

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the service? I'm going to drop my amps off at the factory in a few weeks.

Elpelotero said:
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the service? I'm going to drop my amps off at the factory in a few weeks.

I am still waiting for their service manager to call me with the total, but to put the amp back to IIC++ specs, replace the filter caps, replace the noisy fan, and general maintenance/check-up (clean the reverb tank, etc) they said it would be around $300.

Elpelotero said:

$315 (not including return shipping) was the total. Mike also cleaned all of the pots and EQ sliders and repaired a damaged wire associated with the reverb.

Hey Guitarted, any updates? How did it sound when you got it back from Mesa? Any idea what the components of your c++ are compared to a regular c+?

Latest posts

Back