Mark IIC+ effects loop ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zif

Reaction score
How good is this loop and how does it handle time based effects? I'd be looking to run a tape delay in it (H&K Replex).

The loop is good but I really don't like the tone suck that occurs when I use it.

I typically run my delay very low out front with my C+.. it loses too much of its edge in my opinion in the loop.

Platypus said:
The loop is good but I really don't like the tone suck that occurs when I use it.

I typically run my delay very low out front with my C+.. it loses too much of its edge in my opinion in the loop.

Seeing as the loop circuit isn't switchable on the IIC+ this could also be the delay unit itself, right? :?

Octavarius said:
Platypus said:

Seeing as the loop circuit isn't switchable on the IIC+ this could also be the delay unit itself, right? :?

Anything I plug into the effects loop makes the C+ lose a lot of sharp edge.. I always attributed it to something running in the loop.

My experience is that it is a perfectly fine loop that reflects what is being fed to it - you MUST use quality effects and cables to get the best results. If you run long cables that are high capacitance, you will lose high-end and experience "tone suck".

I use lots of stuff in my MKIIC+ loop and have had no issues whatsoever, but YMMV. Use good cables. Use quality effects. And most importantly, use good cables!

Z

MesieBooga said:
I plug a Rocktron Silencer into mine (Live) for the gate feature. I use Evidence Audio cables and don't hear any change.

Hey man, are you gigging a IIC+ these days? I'm gonna be at a jammer in Rosemount this Sat. night (23rd) and if I'm not mistaked you'll be in Farmington? Something involving free beer and some IIC+ action could be very enticing! Z

Zoner said:
MesieBooga said:
I plug a Rocktron Silencer into mine (Live) for the gate feature. I use Evidence Audio cables and don't hear any change.

Hey man, are you gigging a IIC+ these days? I'm gonna be at a jammer in Rosemount this Sat. night (23rd) and if I'm not mistaked you'll be in Farmington? Something involving free beer and some IIC+ action could be very enticing! Z

Yea should be fun! Not sure of the rig, yet most likely the IIC+!

Latest posts

Back