LSC crappin' out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochester_Steve

Reaction score
Plugged into LSC (guess its the classic, bought it when it first came out). Volume cuts out, sound is crackly, both channels, 50/100 watts.

Any idears?

Rochester_Steve said:
Plugged into LSC (guess its the classic, bought it when it first came out). Volume cuts out, sound is crackly, both channels, 50/100 watts.

Any idears?

Have you ever changed your output tubes?

Rochester_Steve said:

Any idears?
I think a preamp tube could also be guilty. I'd be checking V1 and V2.

swen

Another common issue that will cause the volume to drop out is if you have the effects loop switched in, dirty contacts on the send/receive jacks will cause a problem. Contact cleaner can help.

I had the same problem, took it to 2 Mesa repair centers, they couldnt find anything wrong, because it worked fine there. They sent it back to Mesa, who called me and after explaining what I was experiencing, they could not reproduce the problem. They shipped it back to me and oddly it worked fine. 1 week later it started happening again. This time I video taped what was happening and sent the video to Mesa. 2 minutes later my phone rings it was the Mesa men. They were perplexed, said they would call me back. They called and had a suggestion, if you run the Lonestar in the Tweed mode and your line voltage drops below 17 it could explain what was happening at only my place. Sure enough that was the problem. Mesa could not have been more professional with me, they could have easily blown me off as an eccentric artist, but they didn't give up on making me happy. Maybe this fix is related to what you are experiencing.

FX Loop thing mentioned above is surprisingly common. Definitely look into it.
Alternatively, you could get an extra 12ax7 that you know is good and swap it in and out of each slot to see the problem stops with the good tube in one of them.

I had a similar issue with my LSS a couple of months back. After trying all of the usual remedies with no luck, I took it to my amp tech in ATL (Andrews Amp Lab). Turned out to be a couple of not-so-high-temperature-resistant resistors in the output section that failed.
All better now...

Latest posts

Back