Low gain lead 2 modes on triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumas

Reaction score
Hi!

Just bought a triaxis/2:90 but have little trouble with the triaxis.
this is a 2.0 non phat and Lead 1 Red sound great and the clean modes sound like
it should,
i guess the other lead 1 sound ok too.

The problem is on all three lead 2 modes there is too little gain, when i
raise lead 2 drive it works in beginning and i think after 4.0 i can't here any
difference
i think the modes sound kinda bassy also, but it's little hard to know now when
i'm new to the rig.
I have tried to switch between tubes, but that doesn't matter.

anyone heard of this problem?

V2 is the input for the Lead2 modes, V4 is the actual *drive* tube for Lead2.
I suggest you swap V3 for a 12AT7 (in order not to overload the IC(3) that drives the Dynamic Voice circuitry) and V4 for a tested/selected 12AX7/ECC83 (I personally prefer a Mullard Reissue 12AX7 in this spot)....
Do a search in the threads in here to find lots of recommendations/preferences

i tried again switch places and even tried with others tubes i had here, and nothing happends.
any other ideas?

Lead 2 Red

G 9
T 8
M 4
B 2
Ld1 drive 0
Ld2 drive 6.5 or higher doesn't matter
M 4
P 3
Dv 3.5

^ that sounds like a pretty common Ld2 settings....

I guess that one of the resistors on V4s socket is dead...
Where are you from Thumas??

I'm from sweden.

ok i guess i need to send it to repair. if i ever will get an answer i will post it here.

I´d phone Luthmann (should be the Mesa Distributor for Sweden) directly and ask their service/repair section for guidance.
Distributor
Luthman Scandinavia
Box 535 S-136 25
Haninge
Tel +46 8 55 50 20 00
Fax +46 8 55 50 20 99
Email: [email protected]

If that doesn´t work out send a mail to [email protected], they normally respond within 24hrs...

Thank you for your help.

I bought it used from a musicstore here in sweden, and it included warranty, just talked with them, and i'm on my way to send it back for repair.
hope they can fixit there, really liked the recto mode and i guess lead 2 modes will not disappoint me when working either :)

That´s all a matter of personal and subjective preferences and taste 8)
My go-to mode for hi-gain liquid-fluid leads is Ld2 Yellow :wink: :wink: ...and I guess I´m not alone there 8)

Finally got it fixed.
The problem was that someone had been there and soldered down one leg of a component in the wrong place. So it was not something that is broken, but someone who been there and soldered it to hell. It seemed clear that it was done after and not from the factory.

Latest posts

Back