Looking for advice on the FX loop and tweaking it!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theDogger

Reaction score
I have a Single Recto Rev.2 that I just got about a month ago and I am finally getting around to getting everything dialed in. Here is my setup. Now here is where I am running into issues....Using the FX loop...reading the manual it say the following...
Use the rotary MIX Control to blend in the desired amount of the processed signal with the original
dry signal. The least degradation of signal is usually found by setting the processor’s mix at 100%
and the EFFECTS LOOP MIX Control at the lower end of the control. In this manner the least
amount of your pure tone will be processed and you will be dialing in a “very small amount” of a
“very wet” signal to be mixed with the original. This method seems to produce the best results for
tone and signal to noise ratio.

Now when I increase the FX level I loose volume and tone. But just the opposite happens if I turn it down I get volume and tone but loose the strength of the effects even with the effect maxed. Also as it gets turned up the EQ starts to clip the signal quick... any suggestion or enlightenment would be welcomed......

I am also assuming that this is why a lot of people are modding the FX loop into series loop ?

rig.jpg

theDogger

Welcome to the world of parallel loops. Do the series loop mod, it will make you happy!

I am researching it right now...I post back what I find...I love DIY's

theDogger

Difference is as follows

in a series loop all of the signal is directed through the effects loop.

in a parallel loop the signal has 2 paths. 1 through the loop and the other to the output stage.

Good luck

John

If I understand I will only need to put the input and not the output of my g major....this is really getting confusing!

That is incorrect. You will always use the send and return when using the effects loop. The difference is with a serial loop, all of your signal is routed through your G major. With a parallel loop the signal splits, some signal is routed through the G major and some bypasses the loop and goes to the output stage.

I hope this helps you

John

I'm sure you can help me then!

I'm trying to figure out how to plug my rack tuner, furman pq3 and G major in the effect loop...I know this stuff is pretty simple for you but how should I hook it up...I already have all the speaker cables!

From your effects send jack you need to got to the tuner input. From the tuner output to the Furman input. From the furman output to the G major input and from the Gmajor mono output the the effects return on your amp. Your simply creating a series chain (out of one and into another, then out of that one into the other)

I hope that helps you

Good luck and let me know If you need some more help

John

Ok looked around and I am not finding a clear cut answer to a few things.

1. Will I lose the SOLO boost w/ the mod? (some say "YES" some say "NO")
2. Will a patch cable have to be used if no effects are in the loop?
3. I can't find an schematics for the SOLO 50 Rev.2 Recto for the mod. Anyone have them?

Can I get some definitive answers on this?

theDogger

I dont understand...when I put the kill dry on...I almost lose all the effects but when its off its sound nice and the effects are there...isnt suppose to be the opposite?

Latest posts

Back