MARK V 90 WATT HEAD FX LOOP DOESN'T WORK

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmarton123

Reaction score
The FX Loop isn't recognizing the effects I place into the FX Loop. I have a Delay and reverb pedal and when I turn the fx loop on from the footswitch I get no delay or reverb.
Loop is turned on in the back and the Level knob turns the level up and down as it should but the loop sounds like it's a parallel loop with the mix level turned all the way down. Thus no delay or reverb is coming through.

When you activate the loop can you hear your guitar? It sounds like the FX loop is being bypassed for some reason, like a relay isn’t being flipped or something.

What happens if you plug a cable into FX SEND only and leave the other end of the cable free? When you activate the loop can you still hear your guitar signal?

The effects light never turns on. I'm thinking the relay needs to be replaced It's in permanent off mode. In circuit but not activated. I think we need to replace or clean the relay

to your first question the loop never activates even in activated mode

2nd question the loop never activates so I can't test that

Yeah it's the footswitch. 7 pin instead of 8. I bet pin 8 is the FX Loop switch. LOL. And that has been deoxit'd already

FX loop works on manual settings which I totally missed. Too many knobs LOL

Yeah it's the footswitch. 7 pin instead of 8. I bet pin 8 is the FX Loop switch. LOL. And that has been deoxit'd already

FX loop works on manual settings which I totally missed. Too many knobs LOL
Good call on using the manual knob on the back to troubleshoot.

8 pin cable is required: That happened to me when I first got the Mark V90 back in 2012 or early 2013. I bought it at GC so it was out of the box, they gave me the wrong cable, was given a 7 pin and not 8 pin. No FX control at all, except for the rear panel rotary switch. 8 pin cable is required. I assume everyone has the correct parts provided so never consider the connecting cable.

Back