Lonestar Special and Lehle Switching.... any advice?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheeny

Reaction score
Talk about a brain drain....

My whole aim with my Lonestar Special is to get THREE distinct "channels" from a two channel amp.

The Lonestar Valve tone (5W Class A & 15/30W Class AB) is gorgeous, so I dont want to lose it with a multi effects pedal device confabulation. I want to use my few favourite pedals with a true bypass switching/looping system.

1. Clean (big bold max headroom, slightly compressed with a chorusy sparkle + optional solo)
2. Crunch Rhythm (warm driven valve tone with slight reverb +optional boost)
3. Lead (fluid articulate valve sustain with analogue delay and slight reverb + optional boost)

I have posed a question to Burkhard at Lehle as to whether I can use his 1@3 switcher in a slightly unconventional way (waiting for an answer).

The Mesa Lonestar Special channel etc switching uses "short to ground" switching, so I figured I may be able to get inventive with the 1@3??

What I want to do is use the Lehle D Loop to handle the guitar signal effects looping, and use the Lehle 1@3 (with input shorted to ground) as the amp channel/reverb/solo switcher (no guitar signal). The reason why, is I can then utilise the Lehle midi link feature to program single switch presets to switch between my 3 sounds.

Sounds complicated? I hope not. I've investigated all sorts of options to switch amp channels and effects simultaneously, and so far this seems to make the most sense as I dont want to overpopulate my pedal board real estate.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

DIAGRAM: http://users.tpg.com.au/9876/LEHLE%20AND%20LONESTAR.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Same advice I gave on TGP.... A Voodoo Labs GCX switcher and Ground Control foot controller.

Just out of curiosity,

1) Is this a live rig? Or a home rig?

2) Is there a reason you're not routing the delay or chorus through the loop?

Its a live rig.

I'm not really interested in swaying too much from three sound options. No need.

The delay and chorus are each routed through the loop switch in series with another pedal.

LOOP A: O/Drive (xotic BB preamp) + Delay (MXR Carbon Copy)
LOOP B: Comp (MXR Dyna Comp) + Chorus (TBA)

Voodoo Lab gear is ok, but that means also adding a rack to carry around.

Thanks so much for your input.

Latest posts

Back