Tap dancing is not my thing- solution needed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFeatherstone

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to switch channels simultaneously between 3 - dual rectifiers using the external switching functionality. I am using a Lehle amp switcher (which I use all three amps at once all the time), but im having trouble finding a foot pedal that will allow me to accomplish this. Most of the foot switches I’ve found are for Midi and do not provide 1/4 inputs from the external switching outputs from the back of the amps.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

You would need some sort of relay interface module. I think there are some that are midi controlled. It is unclear if a single unit like above would have full isolation between the relays sets and that would only work with two amps, not three.
The 8-relay array may work for just the channel selection on three MWDR. You would need two relays to switch from CH1, CH2, and CH3 (it only requires two relays or set of contacts). However, to use it you would need to have a midi controller of sorts. One for the channels and if you wanted the FX loop and Solo control you would need another unit. Then figure out how to set it up. Sounds like fun.
There are probably other devices out there. Running three amps does have its complexities.

https://midisolutions.com/prodr8.htm

I highly recommend the RJM Mastermind PBC. I use the 10x. It has the ability for four external switches, which I use for my Mark III’s crunch, lead, eq, and reverb. It’s also got 10 loops for on/off control of pedals and is a midi controller. Customer service is fantastic. Ron responds to forum posts typically within a day. It is a one button push for any sound setting. No more tap dance.

I highly recommend the RJM Mastermind PBC. I use the 10x. It has the ability for four external switches, which I use for my Mark III’s crunch, lead, eq, and reverb. It’s also got 10 loops for on/off control of pedals and is a midi controller. Customer service is fantastic. Ron responds to forum posts typically within a day. It is a one button push for any sound setting. No more tap dance.
Thank you so much for the response and direction. It does appear that this may be the path to take. Cheers!

You would need some sort of relay interface module. I think there are some that are midi controlled. It is unclear if a single unit like above would have full isolation between the relays sets and that would only work with two amps, not three.
The 8-relay array may work for just the channel selection on three MWDR. You would need two relays to switch from CH1, CH2, and CH3 (it only requires two relays or set of contacts). However, to use it you would need to have a midi controller of sorts. One for the channels and if you wanted the FX loop and Solo control you would need another unit. Then figure out how to set it up. Sounds like fun.
There are probably other devices out there. Running three amps does have its complexities.

https://midisolutions.com/prodr8.htm
Thank you for the response and input, greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

I do believe you said three Dual Rectifiers, is that correct?

I have been working on a 3 to 4 amp rig setup myself. Since the two Badlanders use a dedicated FX loop, I can run both of the FX circuits into one stereo effect, for example a Stymon BigSky. The other two in the middle, I can use what ever I thing would work well with the outer two using the hall reverb effect. This did not pan out and it took up too much space. I had to stack the bass cabs to get the room.

20230415_182357.jpg

I tried a 3 amp setup which was much easier to control. At this time I did not have all that I needed but the two BADS and one WMDR was a good start.

20230408_081341.jpg

I finally resorted to something else. Note the two single button footswitches for the BADs are side by side next to the footswitch for the Roadster.

20230417_072017.jpg

The MMDR was great too, but lacked having a mute so If I wanted to take it out, I needed the Mesa Switch track and a Lehel P-split. Still did not have any means to change channels on all amps simultaneously. I just keep the BADs in the crush mode all the time since the crunch gets out of phase with the MWDR or Roadster. There was a solution to this. Sure I may be able to get a midi control if it had two isolated relays to control the Bads. The Mesa Switch track can be set up with midi as well to select channel combinations and phase.

So why not blend some BAD with Mark? The only one that is not compatible with the crunch mode is the JP2C but the Mark VII can match the phasing of the BAD crunch on the MK7 crunch and IIB modes. All the other channels are in phase with clean and crush. Midi control would be a huge help for what I am doing if I wanted to blend different modes and stuff. I could get away from two footswitch controllers for the Marks and the simple button switches for the BADS. I would still need to keep the Switch Tracks in place. I finally got around to getting a second one. Now all I need is the midi gear.
20230729_173311.jpg

So you said three Dual Rectifiers. I believe you would need to have a midi controlled relay interface along with a midi control unit with the footswitch buttons. Not sure how you are managing the FX loops of your amps. Some of those units will patch in FX units but is usually designed for a single amp and not two or more. That is where things tend to fall short as multiple amps are not always supported. I have not jumped on the midi wagon yet. My rig is always changing but I think the 2xBAD with MK7 and JP2C will be it. Then again, if I need a killer Marshall tone that Marshall cannot deliver, I can run the RA100 instead of the Marks or DR in the center. Have not tried the two RA100 yet though. Just the one. This sounded epic. Will have to set it up but with the RA100 combo as well.

20230312_082952.jpg

I am looking for a way to switch channels simultaneously between 3 - dual rectifiers using the external switching functionality. I am using a Lehle amp switcher (which I use all three amps at once all the time), but im having trouble finding a foot pedal that will allow me to accomplish this. Most of the foot switches I’ve found are for Midi and do not provide 1/4 inputs from the external switching outputs from the back of the amps.

Thank you in advance for any insight.
I use a Boss ES-8. It's a pedal and amp switcher which is midi in/out/through. I can switch two amps at once and there's still an unused jack.

The row of pedal switches can be split anywhere to go to the front of the amps on one side and to the effects loop on the other. The last two spots are stereo or mono.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/es-8/

Voodoo labs gcx audio switcher and ground control is what I have use for 30 years or so. 8 patch loops that can each be used as an amp channel switcher or a loop for each amp to switch amps. You can run your cable or wireless into input and use three of the patches for looping your three amps. You have 5 left to switch between amp channels and you can hit 1 button on the ground control and it will change the amp, the channel of said and the patch on your efx unit all at the same time with zero delay between switching. I've got one that's 20 years old and still works perfectly. It controls my amp channel and my tc g major and every other iteration of amp rig if had over the last 30 years. Now I do have the older style pedal and it's at least 20 years old. I have never used the new controller design but that's only because I've never needed a new controller.

Attachments

• 20220323_114134.jpg
    20220323_114134.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220323_114112.jpg
    20220323_114112.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 0
Voodoo labs gcx audio switcher and ground control is what I have use for 30 years or so. 8 patch loops that can each be used as an amp channel switcher or a loop for each amp to switch amps. You can run your cable or wireless into input and use three of the patches for looping your three amps. You have 5 left to switch between amp channels and you can hit 1 button on the ground control and it will change the amp, the channel of said and the patch on your efx unit all at the same time with zero delay between switching. I've got one that's 20 years old and still works perfectly. It controls my amp channel and my tc g major and every other iteration of amp rig if had over the last 30 years. Now I do have the older style pedal and it's at least 20 years old. I have never used the new controller design but that's only because I've never needed a new controller.
Nice rig.

I’m a Voodoo Labs fan as well, great gear. Been using the same G-Major, GCP and GCX for decades.

Dom

https://boogieforum.com/threads/stereo-tc-100-rig.87239/

Back