Lonestar Classic 1x12 Blow Out @ Guitar Center $1200!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAZZGEAR

Reaction score
Just picked up a mint in the box Lonestar Classic from GC today for $1200. I went there with the intention of demo-ing the clean channel on the LSC to see if I liked it...and then to order an RK II (since it has the LSC clean channel 1).

Well, I was floored to see that the price was $1271. Seems that GC is getting rid of all of its inventory of the high end Mesa's and is only going to stock the F30/50s...most everythin else will be a custom order.

I managed to get mine fotr $71 less because when it came out of the box it had a small smudge on the bottom right side of the cab (must of happened at the Mesa Factory when packaging)...it was minor enough for me and at a great price.

Anyway, I ended up playing the LSC for about 2 hours and didnt want to stop.

Ive owned just about every (non-recto) Mesa amp...and this is by far the sweetest sounding (cleans)...

So, I put the RK II order on hold and purchased the LSC. I do plan on buying the RK in the near future, but for now, I am going to enjoy the LSC and decide which amp of my stable will have to get pink slipped before I order the RK II.

BTW the GC I purchased mine is in Manchester, CT.

Same with this one Guitar Center -- one of the better Guitar Center I've visited I must add -- they're were blowing out the Lone Star Classic for the same price. Very tempting.

JamesD said:
I thought mesa amps weren't able to be marked down? what happened to that?

As I understand it....
They have vendor agreements whereby occasionally if a new line comes in of an existing product line they are allowed to discount an item to a predetermined price in-store but not allowed to advertise on radio, etc.

So, all sotres who are Mesa dealers should be able to do this.

strumminsix said:
JamesD said:

As I understand it....
They have vendor agreements whereby occasionally if a new line comes in of an existing product line they are allowed to discount an item to a predetermined price in-store but not allowed to advertise on radio, etc.

=> So ... [?] could it be a NEW line of LoneStar Classic => LoneStar Classic II that's why the big sale on current Lone Star Classics[?]

Opps, I'm spreading a rumor?
4_18_1.gif

RR said:
strumminsix said:
JamesD said:

As I understand it....

=> So ... [?] could it be a NEW line of LoneStar Classic => LoneStar Classic II that's why the big sale on current Lone Star Classics[?]

Opps, I'm spreading a rumor?
4_18_1.gif

Well as I see it the LSCs have changed over the past couple years:
Standard color from Blue to Black
Switch to turn off the fan was there and now it's not (or other way around?)

I'm sure there are others...

Latest posts

Back