Is anyone using a Mesa 5 band EQ in your effects loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Reaction score
Does any Mark series owner use a Mesa 5 band EQ in the effects loop to shape your sound and give your amp, especially channel 1, some gain? I ordered a Mesa EQ to do just that so I can use the built in EQ as a lead boost rather than having a lead boost in the effects loop. I play with a heavier, brighter tone and channel 1 would benefit from the extra gain. Basically I'm trying replicate the C++ mod without sending the amp to Mike and was wondering if anyone else has already done this.

I use the 5 band in the loop, but all of my Mark series amps have onboard EQ. I use it to have fun and cut the mids more and add more bottom end. I don't do drastic cutting or boosting.

The 5 band GEQ in the loop experiment settled my opinion anyway. I posted a video in the pedal section. It works OK as a boost but you cannot expect it to replace the built-in GEQ for tone shaping. It was like driving a 4 cylinder car when you're used to a V8.

Latest posts

Back