Q: Value of my Mark IIB?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFry

Reaction score
Hey all, I have what I'm pretty sure is a Mark IIB, that I got used in the 80s, and had Mike Bendinelli put a Deaf Louie FX loop on at Mesa. The slave out is still there.
Serial number is 3217.
60-100w switchable, 5-Band EQ, head not a combo, no 'verb. Wheat colored tolex & cloth. I put 7 or 8 thousand hours on it BITD, gigging and sessions, but haven't powered it up in years, so before I sell it it'll need a good refurb.
Cosmetically it's good, not great. Some scratching on the face of the 5-Band.

QUESTION: Can anyone tell me what this would be worth once it's been re-cap'd and benched? My amp tech is Mike Fransescini, one of L.A.'s very finest.
Thanks for your input!

You sure it's even a B Model? All the B Models I've seen have efx loops in them. My mark 2A has the slave out and line on it. It doesn't have the loop. I put a factory reverb on it. I can't even guess what yours is worth. But bet if you didn't add that loop to it, and added a reverb it uld be worth more.

It's a MkIIA.

However..... the loop mod done by MB is valuable to some people (folk like me, for example), and as a result the lack of reverb can be a non-issue in terms of setting the value.

Last edited:
With a loop you have access to any reverb ever made. Not a problem. And reverb is feasible to retrofit to the amp as well, if you want the Mesa reverb circuit. It's still a fair amount of labor because you have to hand build a tube stage, but it's possible.

Back