I think my Mark V FX loop is busted or ..well..odd..Halp!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106alcon

Reaction score
So i run just a boss superchorus and boss PS-5 in detune mode on CH1 with the FX on all the time for Channel 1. Was working fine up until my last band jam; last Sat. Now when I have it back home and run the two pedals, when ever I turn on the Super Chorus; it sounds like the tone when EMG's are dieing and need a new 9 volt. Like a weird breaking up tone on the high strings.

So I changed it out to a delay pedal to see if it was the pedal or the loop...praying it was the loop....and it was doing the same thing...kinda...just not as pronounced. So I am not totally sure it is the loop or the Super Chorus. When I run just the PS-5 in detune mode and no other pedal I don't hear it really at all, maybe because I use it to just accent the Super chorus pedal effect and in clean mode with detune the effect is not so pronounced.

I have the loop engaged and the loop mix knob at 12 noon. I have all my guitars with EMG' and tried them all thinking it was maybe a dead 9 volt or dieing 9 volt in the guitar but it was doing it on all of em (5 EMG loaded guitars)

Any thoughts? Anyone else have this issue or had this issue? Thanks guys.

I also had problems with my loop. Sounds a bit like the symptoms I had... I lost most of the bottom low frequencies. You have to confirme its the loop by trying with the hard bypass. In addition there is a vacuum tube that feeds the loop check the manual to see which one. After I did all that the tech needed to look at it. They had to replace a relay (for the loop foot switch signal? may be) that was microphonic. He mentioned that mesa issued a memo about this and now everything is fixed.

Good luck

LPJunky said:
I also had problems with my loop. Sounds a bit like the symptoms I had... I lost most of the bottom low frequencies. You have to confirme its the loop by trying with the hard bypass. In addition there is a vacuum tube that feeds the loop check the manual to see which one. After I did all that the tech needed to look at it. They had to replace a relay (for the loop foot switch signal? may be) that was microphonic. He mentioned that mesa issued a memo about this and now everything is fixed.

Good luck
Yeah I hope I don't have to bring a tech to look at it and leave it/spend money to fix and amp that is not even a year old.

Here is some advice I am getting with the same post:
http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=56155

Latest posts

Back