How many extra tubes do you take to a gig?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't that buried sound be worse than the blanket effect using JJ's?

I almost ordered one of those faceplates that does go to 11 with the Nigel Tufnel signature on it. They are kinda cool and something to make us guitarists laugh. It makes your amp look like a Nigel signature amp. I think the guy wanted about $40 a piece on e-bay the last time I saw them.

I just thought about how long it would take just to put it on though and kind of forgot about the idea. I might get one anyway. It'll make my amp that much louder...

With the Nigel mod it allows your amp to turn up to eleven...

chedgeco said:
I usually bring a Crate Powerblock and a dirt pedal. If my main rig fails, I'll get the backup in place, patch in my effects, and be back up and running again with a decent tone in less than 5 minutes. I use this backup at rehearsals sometimes just to make sure I'm ready.

That's a fantastic backup solution. I may have to scour ebay for one of those.

In my 20 years of military experience, I've grown familiar with that old adage by Mr. Murphy, "If something can go wrong, it will". On stage, I always have at least 2 guitars. Since I use 2 amps, I'm covered if one takes a crap, although that's never happened...yet (I'm furiously knocking on wood now). I keep some strings, two 12AX7's and a pair of 6L6's in my bag, just in case.

Back