Homemade Pedalboard

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeFrag

Reaction score
Since my main pedalboard (Furman SPB8) for home use holds 12 Boss pedals & I still have 4 more on the floor, coupled with the fact that I really needed a portable board to actually gig with.. I ended up making my own small pedalboard for under $15.

As you can see below, it holds 5 Boss pedals, is extremely compact & portable, & I'm just proud as the rogerens about my effort & wanted to share the idea with you guys in hopes that it may prompt you to build one yourself.

I chose a 12"x24" Poplar hardwood plank about an 1" thick, cutout a template with business paper & large yellow stickies to simulate placement, measured everything a billion times & really took my time with it. After cutting & shaping with a rasp & wood files, I sanded it thoroughly, I stained it with Watco oil & layered 5 coats of Minwax Polyurethane.. (sanding lightly with fine paper) the last coat on the top while the board was horizontal as to eliminate any final drips.

Then I pre-drilled & mounted 8 rubber feet with embedded washers for rigidity & had a neat idea. I added 2 Velcro straps to the bottom so I could carry a couple guitar cords to the gig fairly easily in one nice & tidy package. I'd like to further add one of those Dunlop pick dispensers to complete the deal. Velcro pads hold the pedals on & at the moment I'm searching for a decent soft carrying bag that the whole shebang will fit into. I'm using the 1Spot power adapter which is overkill but it should run cool.

I can't really think of any more "tasteful" features I could have added except for routing underneath, at least the power. Offset double-ended plugs could clean up the signal cables I suppose.

Anyway, check the pics, let me know what you think, & go build your very own gigging pedalboard! [8D]

pedalboard_front.jpg

pedalboard_back.jpg

heck yes man...that looks great. functionality comes first in my opinion cause if you can make crap look good then it doesn't change the fact that it's still crap.

i've been building my own pedalboard over the holidays and it should be close to being finished by this weekend. i'll post some pics when i get it done. i was rather inspired by trailer trash pedalboards, but didn't see the point in spilling out that much dough.

all in all, great job!

DeFrag said:
I'm using the 1Spot power adapter which is overkill but it should run cool.

Your board turned out great. Nice work.

I was thinking about buying a 1 Spot and wondered what you thought of it pos or neg.

Its great, better than the Boss as it supports more current draw. Its not noisy at all.

A piece of wood with pedals over it !
What is so amazing about it ?
Yeah nothing.

Back