My pedal board w/ case

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShamefulAddiction

Reaction score
This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, so I designed myself a board to build and put all my toys and those I haven't gotten yet.

Sorry I don't have pictures of the process of building the box itself. Wood used was 3/4" poplar for sides, 23/32" plywood for top and bottom, and 1/2" plywood for stomp board.

Pedalboard.jpg

So this is the part of the basement that is the work area. Jewelry bench in the foreground.

Pedalboard2.jpg

Pedalboard5.jpg

So this is the second half of the board that still needs the bottom piece of vinyl. The piece you see on there is one piece (65" long by about 9" wide to wrap around inner parts), cut to fit with a razor blade.
Pedalboard3.jpg

Pedalboard12.jpg

All the tools used to fit and apply the vinyl, minus the glue and the brush.

Pedalboard13.jpg

There it is. Used an entire PINT as well as about 4 extra ounces for the last flap of vinyl!

Pedalboard4.jpg

That's one nice 45* angle there

Pedalboard6.jpg

All the trimmings

Pedalboard7.jpg

The first half finished as far as vinyl goes.

Pedalboard8.jpg

2" to 5" rise. Same on the other half, so 7" tall total.

Pedalboard9.jpg

The board I made for the pedals to go on.

Pedalboard10.jpg

Power supply

IMG_1142.jpg

What it looks like after I mounted it onto the board. Used 2- 1" corner supports with the excess trimmed off one side, and new holes drilled for the tiny body screws of the PP2+. Those suckers are thick. only needed two!

IMG_1141.jpg

Pedal Layout as of right now. Waiting on the Voodoo Man 4point switch as well as a small stone to take up most of the remaining real estate. I know the velcro looks weird, I still have to add about 4 more feet for two more rows, possibly more may be needed (board is 24" wide). I just attached it at the most urgent points for right now.

IMG_1143.jpg

4 cable setup

IMG_1140.jpg

What she looks like with the top attached.

So how did I keep the board from flipping up when carried? Remember the other two corner braces that I didn't have to use? I glued some rubber feet onto themn and secured them to the top of the case so that they will hold down the board when and only when the top is on.

Thanks y'all. It was a long time coming. I've been so busy lately I was surprised I had the time to dedicate to it. From start to finish, after ordering all the latches and hinges and numerous trips to various hardware stores, it probably took a good two weeks to complete. Considering this is my very first one and I scribbled my plans for it on the back of a receipt, I think I made good time. :)

Back