Hollywood Mod?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jak0lantern01

Reaction score
So what's the story with this Hollywood mod for Mesa's that I keep hearing about? I currently am using a Rectoverb combo, but was thinking of picking up a head (I have a 2x12 vertical cab). My issue is, like so many other Mesa users I read posts from, it seems to be difficult getting a consistently likeable tone and the bottom end seems to be flabby (I have experimented with different tubes). I hear the Hollywood mod helps with this. Is there a link to a site? I was also looking into a Stiletto, but it appears that suffers from bottom end sag in stock form also. My current setup is fine as long as I'm playing in a four-piece, but add another guitarist and I seem to be rolling the dice with my sound.

Hold on killer....I assume that we're up to series 2 at this point. Dare I ask: does the series 2 need the mod or is it now good to go out of the box. It sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. I should probably take this to the sticky, huh?

Latest posts

Back