[HELP] Triaxis 2.0 with TX4 board - NO SOIUND

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValloHET

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm asking the help of you guys who knows what might can cause the issue of having the unit completely mute. No sounds at all, neither from the FX Send, the Recording outputs or the main output jacks.
I've tried to change modes but nothing happens, I've tried to change patches and I can hear the switching from one to another but no sound at all from my guitar. I've tried to use another power amp but nothing, the tubes seems to be ok, I see them glowing up. Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot to who will reply

Best place to start is with the preamp tubes. According to the manual V5 seems that it would effect all channels, a failed tube in that position could do as you describe.

https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User Manuals/TriAxis_160801.pdf
I know you said you tried another power amp, have you actually confirmed that the power amps do work?

Dom

Attachments

• IMG_5712.jpeg
    IMG_5712.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
Best place to start is with the preamp tubes. According to the manual V5 seems that it would effect all channels, a failed tube in that position could do as you describe.

https://mesa-boogie.imgix.net/media/User Manuals/TriAxis_160801.pdf
I know you said you tried another power amp, have you actually confirmed that the power amps do work?

Dom
Yes the power amps work both of them, I’ve tried the mesa 20/20 which is the power amp that I usually use with it and also a Hughes & Kettner just to check it but it didn’t produce any sound from it. I can only hear the usual noise produced by the TA when changing patches with different gain/drive values

I’ll try to replace tubes anyway. The most worn out seemed to be the one to the right looking it from behind

You can’t visually confirm a vacuum tube is bad unless there is a loss of vacuum, the silver getter flash will turn an off white-ashy looking.

If you are referring to the tube closest to the input jack that most likely only affects the Lead 1 channel per the tube listing I posted.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Dom

Yes the power amps work both of them, I’ve tried the mesa 20/20 which is the power amp that I usually use with it and also a Hughes & Kettner just to check it but it didn’t produce any sound from it. I can only hear the usual noise produced by the TA when changing patches with different gain/drive values

Just swapped tubes from the second triaxis that I’m sure it works, no changes, same no sounds at all

Sounds like a trip to the tech is needed. You can crack it open and make sure a cable connection or board hasn’t worked loose, but not much more without the right equipment and knowledge.

Keep us posted on the fix as it may help someone else with the same issue.

Dom

I've opened it and I've found a lot of dirt and some liquid that I thought was coming from the caps, I've cleaned it and l've noticed that all the caps were ok, so I replaced the cracked tube (yes it was cracked) and while still outside the rack I've managed to test it once more and it worked! :)

Yes I've noticed it but I think it happened later, not when I swapped for the first time. It was really strange. Anyway I remembered about your suggestion and yes, it has that kinda colored top caused by the loss of vacum.
Thanks a lot :)

Back