Fender Champion 600 Review

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneAddictJon

Reaction score
So I picked up a Reissue Fender Champion 600 5 watt 1x6 combo for cheap brand new (unplayed demo model at my buddies small music store), and what a great little amp. Perfect for practice and low-medium level band practices. I run either a bad monkey or BB preamp in front of it for a little front end push and it breaks up beautifully. The speaker it comes with flubs up terribly when pushed over 7 on the high input, but I've been plugging it into either my rocktron velocity 1x12 for band practices and I cut through everything with ease between 7-8 on the volume (it goes to 12). It's a very musical, simple rig for a quick plug and play. I've even gotten to the point of just dragging the Champ, Bad Monkey, Bad Horsie II, and Rocktron Short Timer to practices and with pickup selection and volume control I get a huge variety of all tube tones for a great price. The only downside to this amp is the built in speaker, but it's smaller and lighter than some of the heads I've owned, and I can crank it without going def.

Back