F-30 in the house!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spirithunter

Reaction score
Just want to say i have a F-30 head now. Heard a lot of good things about this amp. I traded my Gibson LesPaul Special for it. The F-30 is in excellent condition.
Looking forward to jamming on it. 8)

SAH-WEET! What cab you going to use with the head? The Recto cab in your sig? That should sound awesome if so!

If it needs tubes get a JJ retube kit. I just installed new JJ tubes in mine and they sound freaking incredible...

This is the cab i will use for now...

GibsonClassicII.jpg

I was watching the your topic on the JJ retube kit.
I think i will retube. 8)

Thanks MusicManJP6!

What kit did you retube with?
The Standard Retube Kit or High Gain Option Retube Kit?

I was tempted by the high gain, but I opted for the standard. I just bought a Keeley MT-2 (should be here Monday) that i'll be using for my high gain tones...

It's basically two high gain tubes in V1 and V2 and then V3 and V4 are the same as the standard. I've thought about buying two high gain tubes and seeing what they sound like, but honestly i'm very happy with the standards. There is very little hiss now, and every tone is just perfect to my ears. I'd be afraid the high gain tubes would affect the clean channel adversely. I had trouble with the cleans on my F with stock tubes, but with the standard kit I love the cleans now.

Thanks satisfied5582!

I think i will play the amp for bit and then decide which retube kit i'll go with it.

8)

Nice, I finally got to jam on a F30 a few weeks ago, such a fun and playful amp, very full of life. Great, now another amp on my To Buy list.

While my main rig was down, I had to borrow a friends F-30 combo for a one set gig.
Amp sounded pretty **** good. I would love to hear it through a 4-12 cab.

Latest posts

Back