effect loop level? DR Roadster...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oyster

Reaction score
I noticed that I can control the volume of my amp (DR Roadster) by turning up or down the effect loop level.

For example if the loop level is set very low, I can turn up the Output a lot (am I working my power tubes harder in this case??).

Is there an optimal level (I am not using any effects in my loop)??

Does tone suffer if I run the loop low and compensate using the Output level?? Should the loop level be run at the maximum (in which case I would have to turn down the Output and channel volumes down)??

Thanks in advance for your help!
:D

Is'nt there like a "normal" range indicated above the dial? And for best tone? Utilize the hard bypass!

With no effects in the loop it acts as another output control. I too discovered this by accident. I run mine at a little higher than the middle position. I read somewhere on this board that running it a little high would tighten up the bass, although I can't honestly say I can tell the diff.

jbird, good suggestion...I think i'll go try the hard bypass right now! :D

I was wondering this too. I'd like to use just the hard bypass but the output volume is very useful for having all the channels at the same volume when switching and the bypass disables this. With hard bypass enabled, each channel has to be seperately tweaked and can be a pain in the butt when you do a lot of channel switching.

Ciao ...

Storm said:
I was wondering this too. I'd like to use just the hard bypass but the output volume is very useful for having all the channels at the same volume when switching and the bypass disables this. With hard bypass enabled, each channel has to be seperately tweaked and can be a pain in the butt when you do a lot of channel switching.

Ciao ...

yup.

Umm, don't you have to level them out with the loop engaged anyways? The overall master is usefull when the soundman says turn up or down, but still, c'mon, it aint that hard to adjust the individual channel volumes? :roll:

yup me too.
today I think I'll try the amp with the loop disengaged.
8)

Latest posts

Back