Creating a DC Register for Serial# Dating

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC-3

SN: 4138
I think it's version B. Don't remember the year... maybe 2000? I remember buying it right as they were discontinued (because that was the only reason they were able to cut me a deal on it). No fancy extras.

EDIT: Oh, and it's a combo.

Hey GD....mines a DC-2, #02694. Cream tolex w/ tan grillcloth...I'm pretty sure I'm the 3rd owner. Don't have a date of birth yet from Mesa.

Edit...Called Mesa and they date it at 1996.

Hello all. Now that I have all my purchase/paperwork in hand here is what I found.
My serial#DC0009. I am the original owner. I bought it new along with a 2x12 recto vertical cab in May of 92. I was originally there for a Recto head with a 4x12 but the DC5 was next to it and I loved the idea of the combo with the cab for gig options. The owner of the store said "these just came in today, they are Mesa's new line" The idea of 2 completely independant channels just blew me away and I had to have it. Back then I had no idea of the capabilities of this beast. I am to this day still finding new tones out of it. When I bought it I was into the high gain thing but now that Im older I'm on the clean channel with OD's
This amp has managed to satisfy my ever-changing tonal needs all these years and I am forever grateful for being turned on to it. Thanks to all, I have learned a lot from the board.

79 Les Paul Custom
79 Dean ML
83 BC Rich Mockingbird

Thanks Billboogie!

Welcome to the board! Don't foget to PM Lockbody and get a DC Cartel tag!

Hi
I have a DC-5 Ser # 01062 .. I think its a 1995 version A

I run it alone or with a Line-6, 4x12....celestions

MoeDene
mail

In case someone wants to know, serial number for Studios .22+ go from FP11,500 (December 88) up to FP28,560 (August 93).

I replaced the stock Vintage 50 speaker with a Celestion 90.
Regards
Daniel (DC/Cartel member #0011)

igfraso said:
In case someone wants to know, serial number for Studios .22+ go from FP11,500 (December 88) up to FP28,560 (August 93).

I replaced the stock Vintage 50 speaker with a Celestion 90.
Regards
Daniel (DC/Cartel member #0011)

Good info. Thanks!

My DC-10 head's SN DCX-00880 and was built in 1999. It has all the version b upgrades with the 60/100watt switch but I don't think I've ever seen a DC-10 that wasn't that way.

From what I've read and been told, the DC-10's came out last.
I've never seen one that didn't have the B version cleans and EQ switch/footswitch.
I own #99 and it's pretty much identical to every other one I've seen, with the exception of the missing 60/100 watt switch.

The first half of the 90's seems to have been a very prolific times for Mesa in terms of product line.
I see some overlap with these "similar" products being offered at the same time:

- DC-2 and Studio .22+ (2 x EL84)... although the Studio had shared tone controls.
- DC-3 and Maverick (4 x EL84)
- DC-5... with no "comparable" sibling (2 x 6L6); maybe that is also why it was an all-time best seller?
- DC-10 and Heartbreaker (4 x 6L6 and 60/100 switch)

There were also some announcements that never saw the light, namely:

- the Caliber 2x12 vertical cabinet (with 2 x V30)
- the Dual Caliber Palomino (with 4 x EL84?)

I apologize in advance if I am saying something stupid.
Daniel (DC Cartel member #0011)

hey all, i'm a new member named Ces.

I just bought my first Mesa/Boogie, a DC-5 amp head. I put a new Recto 212 under it.

The serial number is:

DC-0652

anything you can tell me about this amp?

thanks! :)

DSCF1215.jpg

Not sure I meet requirements... but figured I'd post anyway

Sometime between 1995 and 1997, my lovely bride bought me a Boogie DC-5 from Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center for Christmas. I ran it on a custom made 2X10 closed back cabinet with 2 JBL E-110s. It was sweet! On August 7th, 1998, it (and all my gear) was stolen. I have the following information about the head: Mesa Boogie DC-5 (Model: DC-5 1174#32) amplifier head - serial number: DC-001529. I believe it had plastic rocker switches instead of chrome toggle switches, but can't remember. If nothing else... if someone tries to register this serial number, I would at least like to try and recover it. Thanx.

L

Called Mesa the other day about my DC-5, serial# 0960 and Chris Delveck (sp?) responded by telling me it looks like it was made either in 1993 or 1994. Guess they can't figure it out for sure, lol.

Hi all! I broke mine down for a spring cleaning the other day (boy was it dusty!), My serial is DC-0310. It has the led's and toggles. Now she looks showroom new! :p

Shaun

Great topic post!!
So I went home with the intention of collecting my serial number from my DC-5 only to not find it. I read through the thread to where someone mentioned the location of the serial number...Still no luck. I went on to dismantle the amp (after reading the spring cleaning and mod threads) to clean and remove the resistor fromt he volume pot.....NO resistor at all on the pot. BUT, there is a resistor on the board to where the volume wires connect to the circuit board. Is this the possible resistor? I have doubts, but thought I'd throw it out there. Love this Boogie board, guys!!!!

Troy

DC-5 combo
Am. Deluxe Strat
Ibanez RG-550
1974-5 Aria SG body
? yr. Cort LPaul style body

thank you Monsta! I'll take it apart and look again. Also, will a schematic from the Web show it? I didn't get the manual and can't recall the online manual having a schematic diagram.

Still haven't found the serial number on it. I bought if from the Guitar Center, so it's not hot or anything... I'll check my receipt if i still have it. That should show the serial number, right?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back