Not another DC Amp! I must be sick.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
I keep asking myself what is wrong with me but, and maybe it's for the better, I don't get a response. Just pickup a DC-5 head. My DC history goes:

DC-5 combo-sold it to get a DC-5 head
DC-10 head-bought it because I couldn't find a DC-5 head
DC-3 combo-just wanted to try it and glad I did. Quite different from the 6l6 models Sold the DC-10 because I didn't think I needed all that power and tube expense.
DC-5 head-finally found what I really wanted to begin with. I like the DC-3 but wanted more headroom and thumpyness.

For me the DC amps work great in any cover band I've played in. With analog pedals or my GT-10, now GT-100. First thing I need to do is mod the fx loop to serial. Fortunately I'm not interested in getting a DC-2. Yet.

Thats awesome- I never really considered a a DC until I stumbled on the one I have...it is a great amp- I imagine with the GT, you are pretty much set....

Laskyman said:
Thats awesome- I never really considered a a DC until I stumbled on the one I have...it is a great amp- I imagine with the GT, you are pretty much set....

Set for now at least. I know that I don't need to buy any more DC's. The GT-100 is a nice complement to the amp but for straight out modeling I prefer my gsp1101. My amp model rig doesn't involve any tubes which is what I wanted. If I upgrade anything it would be from the gsp to the Axe-FX that I see you have.

If I upgrade anything it would be from the gsp to the Axe-FX that I see you have

The AXE vs other modelers/effect units isnt a fair fight....I love the floor-based approach of the GTs, but the AXE is in an entirely different sport.....

Latest posts

Back